10. Trick Or Treat

After class was concluded, Aiden headed towards the drinking fountain to at least get a little hydrated. As the boy started drinking the water that spilled onto his cupped hands,he drifted into his thoughts once again... A habit he seemed to develop over the past year. He always tried to make sense of each new experience he had in Hawkins and in this case,it was Max's attitude towards him; the one person he was actually planning to avoid seemed to actually be friends with him. The redhead was actually way more fun than he'd anticipated,that was for sure... She was much louder than he was and she was always expressive too. The blue eyed girl also seemed to have endless nicknames for him,each one being funnier than the last.

"Aiden!"

The lightskinned boy immediately spat out his water at the sound of the voice behind him, breaking into a fit of coughs as he backed away from the fountain. Turning around, Aiden was met with the eager gaze if Dustin.

"What is wrong with you?!" Aiden looked at the curly haired boy as his coughs subsided.

"Sorry" Dustin gave a sheepish smile. "I wanted to ask you help us get madmax come trick or treating with us"

"Let me think... No!" Aiden walked away from the fountain, wiping his hands on his pants. Dustin immediately ran after him in his Ghostbusters costume.

"Come on, why not?" Dustin whined.
.
"You're being way too creepy about it" Aiden said.

"What? How?" Dustin asked.

"Spying on her for the past two days,maybe?" Aiden said.

"We were observing!"

"Mhmm" Aiden rolled his eyes.

"Aiden, please" Dustin pleaded.

"If do everything for you, you're never gonna learn"

"I don't have to learn, you're from the future"

Aiden gave Dustin a death stare.

"Dustin,you and Lucas are gonna march up to her on your own and ask her" Aiden said. Of course he knew they'd still do it anyway but he still needed them to man up. The boys couldn't depend on him for everything. He was supposed to be the shy one and here they are, asking him to talk to a girl for them.

As if by coincidence, Lucas walked up to them.

"Ah, perfect" Aiden smiled.

"You're gonna talk to her?" Lucas asked hopefully.

"Nope," Aiden grabbed both boys. "You are"

"What-"

Aiden then dragged the two to the direction of his locker which was right beside Max's and luckily,the redhead was right there.

Aiden patted the two on their backs and pushed them forward.

Dustin cleared his throat. "Hi, Max... I'm Dustin and this is-"

"Lucas" Lucas smiled.

"Yeah,I know" Max said. "The stalkers"

"No, no" Dustin said. "we weren't stalking you. We were just... Concerned cause you're new and all. There are a lot of bullies here"

"So many bullies, it's crazy " Lucas added.

Aiden felt the urge to use flying Thundergod and teleport away from this embarrassing conversation. Max took notice of the lightskinned boy and smiled at him. Aiden have a smile while still shaking his head in embarrassment.

"Is that why you're wearing proton packs?" Max asked Lucas and Dustin in amusement.

"Oh,these don't function," Dustin said before pulling out a box. "but I do have this handy dandy little trap here..."