58. This Is War

Doctor said to avoid screens but fuck it.

__________

When Nancy had walked into War Zone, she'd wanted to grab as many weapons as they needed and leave so she could save her brother and his girl quickly.

Dealing with Jason Carver was the last thing she needed right now.

"You seem nervous," Jason said as he tightened  his grip on the barrel of Nancy's shotgun.

"Like I said, scary times" Nancy said, getting uncomfortable with Jason's close proximity.

"Hey, your brother... He here with you by chance?" Jason asked.

"Mike?" Nancy asked. "no"

"What about the other one?" Jason pressed. "light skin, dreadlocks? Always moody?"

"Aiden..." Nancy didn't know when the name slipped out.

"Aiden, that's him.." Jason nodded. "they're both in Hellfire, right?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," Nancy shook her head. "Would you let go?"

If anything, Jason kept his grip on the gun even tighter, trying to bore holes into Nancy's eyes with his.

"She said let go"

Jason turned his head to face the source of the voice, coming face to face with Aiden. The kid was almost as tall as him and his hair seemed to have been woven backwards into double braids with two dreadlocks sitting loosely on either side of his forehead.

"What are you doing?!" Nancy mouthed to her younger brother.

"What a pleasant surprise" Jason looked the highschool freshman over.

"Wish I could say the same," Aiden nodded.

"You have any idea where Eddie Munson is?" Jason stepped closer. Aiden however didn't even blink.

"Unfortunately, I don't" the 16 year old said, immediately noticing Jason's jaw clench the slightest bit and catching Jason's fist right as he threw it.

"Don't try anything stupid. I know about what you did to Gareth.." Aiden applied pressure to Jason's closed fist. "throwing hands at me, my sister or my friends would be your biggest mistake cause I'll send you to Chrissy myself if you do much as touch them"

Aiden dropped the blond's hand and then nodded to Nancy. "c'mon, let's go"

"Piece of advice from someone who's also lost two people he loves" Aiden turned to Jason once again right as he and Nancy were leaving. "This is not the way to go about it, man. Don't let the grief make you do stupid shit"

__________

"Let's go!" Nancy said as they all clambered back into the RV.

"What's going on?" Lucas asked.

"Like I said before, Jason's here" Aiden said as he got into the closest seat.

"Oh shit!"

"Steve, now!" Dustin yelled.

"I'm going, I'm going!" And with that,they were once again on the road. Looking out the window, Aiden saw the basketball team captain looking at them as they drove away.

__________

Eleven had faced Demogorgons of varying sizes, closed an interdimensional portal, got her leg bitten by a gigantic fleshy spider creature... But currently she was facing her biggest fear; the man who'd caused all of this in the first place.