52. Echoes Of The Upside Down

"What the hell is that thing?!" Steve yelled.

"Demo-bat!" Aiden immediately replied.

"Demo what?!"

Instead of answering Steve's question; Aiden immediately set his hands in motion as they came together weaving hand signs;

Serpent, Dragon, Hare, Tiger

The ninja immediately placed his fingers to his lips and breathed in as deeply as he could,eyes still fixed on the flying creatures.

Dragon Flame Jutsu

Aiden exhaled and immediately a ball of fire escaped his lips at a high speed, shaping itself into a flaming dragon and immediately ramming itself into the demo-bat which let out a loud screech before disintegrating.

The crow however,dodged the attack and kept making its way towards the pair.

Aiden immediately threw a small shuriken (he'd learned to at least carry a dozen on him) at the bird which it dodged again almost effortlessly.

"Did that crow just-" Steve looked on in surprise.

"I suggest getting a weapon," Aiden spoke up, a decently sized rasengan already spawned in his right hand. "I'll deal with the bird"

Steve wasted no time to take the boy's advice and scramble around for a weapon of some kind. Meanwhile, Aiden gazed on the black bird which seemed to get closer.

"Let's if it's really you" The ninja exhaled and stood in wait for the creature to get close enough for him to recognize the pattern in its eye.

The Sharingan.

"You fucking–"

Aiden's words were cut short as he let out a scream after the bird immediately flew past his face in a swifter motion than he could react to,but not without taking something with it.

"Fuck!!" Aiden let out, hand on his injured left eye as blood oozed down his face.

"Wheeler!" Steve screamed out at the sight.

The crow then circled back around to attack Aiden one more time, aiming for his head and face while the boy was still stunned. Aiden immediately turned around to see the bird coming for him a second time at a faster speed than he could keep up with, but just as its sharp beak was less than a foot away from the boy's face, Aiden disappeared in a puff of white smoke.

"What the hell-" Steve breathed out.

A loose vine on the surface of the trailer dispersed in the same puff of smoke and in its place was the actual Aiden, both eyes perfectly fine. In his hand was something he'd prepared discreetly while the bird was distracted with his clone.

'Thunderclap Arrow'

Without wasting a second,the teen threw it at the confused bird and the augmented technique immediately hit its mark, piercing into the crow and exploding on impact.

"Sike, bitch" Aiden allowed himself to crack a small smile which disappeared almost immediately as the crow immediately disintegrated and in its place stood a young man; he had fair skin and his hair was long and styled in a wolf cut. His red eyes matched those of the crow which once stood in his place, although the sclera around his eyes were practically not there or just turned completely black. The man seemingly had stress lines under his eyes as well, he had a red hooded cloak on as well as black pants and sandals.

"Itachi..." Aiden's eyes narrowed. "Are you even in control of your thoughts right now?"

"So you're the one Lord Fourth keeps speaking so highly of..." Itachi spoke,eyes still fixed on the light skin boy. "Your instincts are indeed sharp and you do possess a remarkable talent for trickery... Much like Naruto"