Chapter 2 (NEW)

Roman Avalo stood with an air of authority by the front gate of the Coriellis pack, casting a shadow over Seraphina's heart. The survival of her pack seemed to hang on a delicate thread, one that could easily snap under the weight of Roman's power. She masked her fear as best she could, though her racing heartbeat betrayed her unease. Seraphina cursed her heightened Lycan senses, knowing that her anxiety was far from concealed.

As Roman approached her, the valley emptied, leaving only Seraphina to face the formidable Alpha. Others fled from his presence, unwilling to challenge the might of a Lycan. Roman exuded an aura of dominance and confidence, a stark contrast to Seraphina's own struggles as a Luna.

"Ah, greetings, my friendly neighbor," Roman spoke with a hint of playfulness, his eyes sparkling mischievously and a smile gracing his lips. He understood the importance of leaving on amicable terms with the Luna, knowing that it would make his proximity to her pack more manageable. Besides, Seraphina's striking appearance made their encounters all the more enjoyable.

"Why have you ventured here, dear neighbor-who-just-annihilated-an-entire-pack? How delightful to see you," Seraphina retorted, crossing her arms defiantly and assuming a defensive posture. Though Roman found her resistance amusing, he knew she was no match for him.

"I simply couldn't resist saying hello. After all, my mother raised me to be a gentleman," Roman replied, running his fingers through his hair and playfully lifting an imaginary top hat. "It's a pleasure to meet you, miss. I assume I'm welcome to drop by for a cup of tea at any time, am I correct?"

Seraphina questioned her senses as she witnessed Roman's eyes shifting from a mesmerizing gold to a deep black, and then back to gold in a fleeting moment. The anomaly captured her attention, hinting at a depth of mystery she had yet to unravel.

"Sure, you're more than welcome to grace us with your presence anytime," Seraphina replied, deliberately stretching each word with a hint of sarcasm, accompanied by a saccharine smile. She turned on her heel, preparing to walk away from the Lycan Alpha. But before she could take more than a few steps, she felt a warm hand slither around her waist, gently tugging her back into the embrace of a strong, muscular body.

"I must say, Miss, I do appreciate your feisty attitude. We shall cross paths sooner than you anticipate. Don't miss me too much," a deep voice whispered in her ear, sending shivers down her spine. Roman's touch lingered for a moment longer, his presence enveloping her, before he finally released her. Seraphina let out a sigh of relief as she heard his footsteps receding into the distance. They had survived this encounter, but the question of how long their fragile peace would last lingered in the air.

She stood rooted to the spot, her mind racing with conflicting emotions. Part of her despised Roman Avalo for the power he held, the lives he had claimed, and the threat he posed to her pack. But there was an undeniable intrigue in his enigmatic nature, a curiosity that whispered of untold secrets lurking beneath his charismatic facade.

With a shake of her head, Seraphina banished those thoughts. She had a responsibility to her pack, a duty to protect them from the dangers that loomed on the horizon. Roman was a potential ally or a dangerous enemy, and she needed to tread carefully to ensure the survival of her people.

As she rejoined her pack members who were still recovering from the encounter, she couldn't help but wonder what the future held. The delicate balance between the Coriellis pack and the formidable Roman Avalo remained uncertain. Seraphina knew she had to be vigilant, prepared to make difficult choices to safeguard her pack's well-being.

The stage was set, the pieces in motion. The dance between two powerful Alphas had begun, and the outcome would shape the destiny of their packs.