Chapter 3 (NEW)

Seraphina's mind was engulfed in shock, rendering her speechless and breathless as she stared at the lifeless body before her. The scene of the brutal murder replayed relentlessly in her mind, etching a horrifying image that would forever haunt her. But amidst the overwhelming horror, something else caught her attention—a colossal wolf, entering through the shattered window, its piercing gaze locking onto her.

The wolf's immense size surpassed anything Seraphina had ever witnessed. Muscles rippled beneath its dense brown fur, interwoven with specks of white. It was a Lycan—a rare and elusive creature. But this Lycan was larger than even the mightiest Alpha werewolves she had encountered. It was a sight both awe-inspiring and unnerving.

Suddenly, a ferocious growl pierced the air, yanking Seraphina from her disoriented state. Her attention snapped to her brother, Lucas, who stood before her in his own wolf form. His trembling body struggled to maintain its balance, yet his eyes burned with an intensity she had never witnessed before. The once calm golden orbs were now consumed by a blazing rage, and his pupils had contracted to the point where he appeared unhinged, as though on the verge of attacking his own sister.

Fear mingled with confusion as Seraphina tried to comprehend the chaotic scene unfolding before her. She had known her brother to be steadfast and level-headed, a pillar of strength within their pack. But now, he stood on the precipice of madness, his sanity hanging by a fragile thread.

"L-Lucas," she stammered, her voice barely audible, a mix of concern and trepidation. "What... what's happened to you? Please, you must fight this... whatever darkness has taken hold of you."

Her words hung in the air, pleading for a connection that seemed to fade into the abyss of his tormented mind. Lucas's features contorted with a mixture of anguish and rage, his primal instincts warring with the bond they had shared as siblings.

Unable to bear witness to the pain in her brother's eyes any longer, Seraphina summoned her strength and took a tentative step forward. But before she could reach out to him, a surge of unseen force propelled Lucas through the shattered window, his wolf form vanishing into the night.

A chilling realization struck Seraphina—her brother was gone, lost to the depths of his own internal struggle.She had no choice but to follow him, to bring him back from the precipice of darkness. With resolve burning in her heart, she swiftly shifted into her own ashy blonde wolf and leaped out of the shattered window, pursuing the fading scent of her brother through the tangled forest.

Every stride brought her deeper into the unknown, the distant howls of her pack fading behind her. Her determination became her guide as she chased the fading echoes of Lucas, hoping against all odds that she could rescue him from the abyss consuming his soul.

The night enveloped her as she ventured further into the dense wilderness, the moon casting an ethereal glow upon her ashen fur. Her path was uncertain, fraught with danger, but she pressed on. For her brother, for their shattered bond, and for the hope that somehow, against all odds, she could restore the light within Lucas's eyes.

Confusion and concern spread among the members of Seraphina's pack as they peered out their windows, their gazes fixed on their Luna sprinting through the night, chasing after the Alpha. With every stride, the distance between them grew, highlighting the undeniable gap in strength between Seraphina and Lucas, who tirelessly trained day after day.

It wasn't until Lucas crossed their eastern border that a chilling realization struck Seraphina. He was heading straight into Roman's territory, and she was helpless to stop or save him. If he dared to make an offensive move, his life would be forfeit. The reputation of Lycans, their merciless nature, echoed in her mind, leaving her with a sinking feeling of dread.