Chapter four (OLD)

4.

Edited by taepoch-

Most of the pack didn't take the news well. Most questioned if Seraphina was fit to be Alpha. They knew she was an amazing Luna, but different qualities were required from the Alpha and Luna which was why the pair completed each other.

"Our Seraphina, the Luna we all know and love, has kept Lucas under control and basically run the pack for three years. To say that she is fit for the position would be an understatement," one of the pack elders, a former Beta, spoke up. The pack fell silent, their eyes locked on the elder. "The elders support Seraphina's claim for the title." Seraphina gave a thankful look to the elders and a huge wave of relief flooded over her. She did it.

"All of you are dismissed. You may go back to your errands," Gavin spoke, turning back to Seraphina after. "Well, well, Sera or should I call you Alpha Seraphina?" He chuckled, his teasing earning him a punch on the arm.

"Stop it. You know nothing's changed. I'm the same old Sera you know and love." She winked at Gavin playfully.

"And now I have a valid reason to boss you around!"

"I mean, it's not like you haven't been doing that for the last ... two years? I don't remember when you became this boss ass lady." Gavin shrugged, gazing into the distance as the pack slowly dispersed and he was left with Seraphina. She sat down on the soft grass and let her hair loose from her ponytail as she laid back, watching the sky turn various shades of red and orange.

"You know, when Lucas and I were still little, we used to come here and watch the sunsets together, talk about which girls he liked, which boys I had crushes on, which boys he had to beat up." Seraphina chuckled at the memory though the thought that she wouldn't have those special moments with Lucas overwhelmed the happy memories.

Gavin sat down beside her, resting one hand on his knee, the other softly caressing Seraphina's back in an attempt to comfort her. "I know I can't replace Lucas but when you want to watch a sunset or tell someone which guys to beat up, I'm all yours, Sera." A small smile crept up his face when he heard Seraphina laugh.

"So can you like beat up Roman really bad? Give him a major head injury or something? Because that'd be good for everyone. Except for Roman. But no one cares about Roman so that's everyone." Seraphina rambled on as if she were talking to herself.

"What if I told you I know someone who could take care of him? Someone just as powerful as Roman and I have something that the person wants and is willing to do almost anything to obtain." Seraphina's face lit up with a wide smile, the dimples on her cheeks showing as she pulled Gavin into a tight hug and ran her fingers through his hair as if she were petting him, rewarding him for a job well done.

"Gavin, can you contact that person? Make him stand by our side when needed?" She pulled away and looked up at him, her eyes beaming with hope and happiness.

"He and some of his pack's males will be here by whatever time the celebration starts."

"You have an Alpha under your command just because you have something he wants, and this Alpha can help us with Roman? Who is he?" Seraphina questioned. It was unlikely that an Alpha could want something so badly and come running like a pup for it. No, Alphas were intelligent and strong-willed.

"Trust me, Sera. You'll know him when you see him. Just stop worrying about Roman for once and go have fun planning the run with your pack of fangirls who adore your every move. You deserve a little break once in a while." Gavin's comforting voice helped Seraphina relax and put her mind off threats and running a pack. She needed to focus on getting ready for the run.