𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙤

MCKENZIE CHANTED, riding on her ikran, Däve, a wide smirk spread across her face as she dove past the sky people's robots. She copied her mother's static, kill the pilot, and then engaged.

There weren't many around, but what she did do was shoot the ones that were targeting her people from down below on the ground.

She swerved Däve over another ship and took it with two arrows. After striking it down, she went past Neteyam and Loak, who were placed as spotters who weren't allowed to fight and stuck her tongue out toward them. "You suck!" Lo'ak yelled out towards her, causing the girl to laugh.

She'd occasionally check on her brothers as it was her duty to keep eyes on them, making sure they weren't getting themselves into trouble, however, she had noticed that a small pilot ship was trying to aim towards her father.

McKenzie steadied herself on Däve and shot it down. Jake noticed the explosion, he was monitoring it with his gun, making sure everyone got their supplies- two minutes down on the clock. "Thanks, star." He transmitted through the comm link earpiece.

"You're welcome, father." She reported back through the link, pleased with herself. The girl, without checking if her brothers were still in the sky, landed Däve and took a gun from a guy who was handing it out to people, and passed it down to whoever needed it.

The teen wasn't that experienced with guns, but she could at least aim well enough, Jake taught her, every once in a while.

As she passed it down to a random Navi, she hissed at another sky robot that was approaching them, until her eyes landed on two idiots near her.

Two idiots that she knew.

Fuck, she thought to herself. McKenzie pushed past anybody who was in her way and ran towards her younger brothers.

"Lo'ak!" She heard Neteyam calling for their younger brother, he managed to get ahold of a gun. Lo'ak smirked holding the gun, "You don't even know how to use that thing." Neteyam warned him. "Dad taught me too."

McKenzie ran over and hit Lo'ak in the head, "Ow! Why do you both always hit me in the head?!" He cried rubbing his head, McKenzie wrinkled her nose in annoyance. "What do you two think you're doing?! Disobeying orders!"

Her anxiety was going through the roof, her two younger brothers in such a dangerous zone like this.

Lo'ak was reckless, and fearless, to make matters worse. Ever since they were children, McKenzie had always taken the blame and stuck out. This situation would probably turn into that if they don't leave the ground right now.

Or worse. Much worse.

"Sister, I-!"

"No! I don't want to hear it!" The three heard missiles being fired and began running, "Father always said stay in the sky! You're spotters!" Before either of her brothers could get a word in, a missile fired towards them, McKenzie had a quick reflex and grabbed Neteyam, protecting him from the fall.

Jake had noticed his three children, his heart raced out of worry. "Lo'ak!" He met up with his son, who was pushed away by Neteyam before McKenzie grabbed him. "Easy, Easy. Are you ok?" His eyes scanned to see any bleeding, Lo'ak nodded. "Where's your brother and sister?!"

Lo'ak pointed over towards them, and Jake demanded the boy to leave.
"Neteyam! McKenzie!"

Neteyam slowly opened his eyes, coughing out, and felt two arms around him.

McKenzie was unconscious right next to him, he was still trying to figure out what had happened.

A sting burnt on his arm, a scratch with small blood to be injured. Until he noticed some more blood on him- that wasn't his.
"McKenzie!" His eyes widened.

She wouldn't open her eyes, "McKenzie" He kept screaming, he held his sister's unconscious body in his arms, continuously trying to wake her up.

Jake showed up. "Papa! She's not waking up!"

Jake began to feel a lump in his throat, his kids only ever called him Papa in the worst moments. Seeing his two eldest in such a state, completely broke him. He quickly got down to their level, attempting to wake up Mckenzie.

Neteyam didn't once let go of his sister's face, he needed to know she was ok. Mackenzie opened her eyes slowly, Jake sighed in relief and held her closer.

"What the hell were you doing here, boy?!" Mackenzie frowned, barely being able to acknowledge what was happening before Jake picked her up in bride style. "Go, get outta here!"

Neteyam hesitated before obeying his orders.

*⁂᯽⁂*

As they landed, Neytiri landed right next to Neteyam's ikran. "Mom!." Neytiri sighed and embraced her youngest daughter in a hug "Tuk, Tuk, Tuk."

As Kiri came in for a hug, asking her brother if he was okay, he left their embrace once Jake landed with McKenzie and he quickly went to her aid.

Jake gently lifted his eldest daughter off his Ikran before looking at Neyteyam for a brief second, he didn't notice that he had scraped his arm.

Not only did McKenzie get hurt, but so did Neteyam when he had nothing to do with it, "Fall in." Lo'ak and Neteyam slowly went towards their father.

"You're supposed to be spotters. You spot bogeys and you call them in- from a distance! Does any of this sound familiar," He looked at Lo'ak. "Get here! Jesus, I let you two geniuses go on a mission and you disobey direct orders!"

"Kiri, can you go help your grandmother with the wounded?
Please." Kiri rolled her eyes and tilted her head, "My sister is wounded." She responded, it was a small quarrel between Kiri and Jake before McKenzie managed to get a word in.

"Sir, I take full responsibility."

"Yeah, you do! You're the older sister, you gotta act like it. You're supposed to watch over them." Jake blew out harshly without him knowing, Neytiri stepped in, "Ma Jake, you're daughter is bleeding.

McKenzie shook her head, she didn't want to seem weak to her father's gaze. "It's fine ma."

Jake stared at the siblings before dismissing them to patch up.

*⁂᯽⁂*

As the eclipse set down, the siblings were at their camp as their grandmother treated McKenzie. Kiri and their grandmother bonded over medicine and their love and spiritual connection to Eywa.

"You always take the fall," Neteyam spoke up, sitting next to his sister and having him a cloth, after McKenzie was treated by the Tsahik. "Somebody has to." He wiped his face with it.

"It doesn't have to be you, sister. It's not fair, once again you got injured because of Lo'ak." The girl smiled,
"You got injured too."

"Yeah! But I wasn't the one bleeding so much!" McKenzie laughed as he softly hit her arm, his ears flattened, it was obvious he began to bone himself.
"Don't be like that, Teyam. As long as you, and Lo'ak are ok. I am too."

"You're too caring."

"And you're too stubborn. Loosen up a little bit, ok?" They went silent before she rested her head on his shoulder. "I thought I lost you, it was terrifying." The boy sighs.

She placed a hand on his shoulder,
"Don't think about it." She has one job, it's to be the older sister, to look after everyone, and today, she almost lost her younger brothers. It was a scary feeling knowing that it could have all been prevented if she stayed as close to them as possible.

She felt herself get lost in her thoughts, as Neteyam comforted his sister.

"I will forever protect you, till the day I meet with Eywa."

*⁂᯽⁂*