𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚

"EVERYONE THESE ARE the warriors from the Sully family. They will be learning with us." Tonowari announces to everyone. Mackenzie watch as a few soldiers stepped forward heading over to her family.

It's the day that Jake and his older kids will learn to be a warriors for the Metkayina clan.

"Tewae, Entu, Kirnat, Aonung, and I will help teach you the Metkayina way to fight," Tonowari says in a lower voice than before no longer speaking for everyone to hear.

He gestured his hand to each person when he rattled their name. Though the person Mackenzie knew was nowhere to be seen.

Before you could grow confused
Aonung begrudgingly stepped out from a group of people with a frown on his face.

The girl smiled to herself finding it amusing the extent he was going to avoid her father , even hiding from his Father, for a moment.

Jake walked off with Tonowari and the warrior name Wanyte happily beckoned Neteyam over as Mackenzie and Lo'ak watch the two head over to the skimwings.

They looked between each other debating who went with who.

Deciding to take a bead out of Neteyam's song cord deciding to be the more responsible one out of the two of them.

Mackenzie nod her head at Aonung and begin walking over to him signifying she'll have him teach her.

Even though she were doing this to prevent Aonung from getting under Lo'ak's skin anymore she did prefer the idea of learning from someone she already knew.

Looking around at everyone taking in how different it is from her clan. Some Navi were sharpening their weapons, others were sparring, and some were riding their skimwings in the water.

Aonung was just walking along and she were following him. "So how come you don't have any tattoos?" She question breaking the silence.

"You can only start getting tattoos when you become a full-fledged warrior in our clan."

She hum in acknowledgment before speaking up. "So when do you think that'll be for you?"

Her eyes rake over his clear teal skin that's a stark contrast to basically everyone around the two of them.

"I only have a few more rites to complete, it won't be long till I complete them." He says turning his head to face her, finally looking her in the eye for the first time today.

Aonung finally slows his footsteps and the two of them stand before a rack of weapons. Almost all of them were spears, however, each of them was designed just a little differently from one another.

The other weapons on display were knives like the ones most Na'vi carried, warrior or not.

Aonung looked Mackenzie up and down before he ran his hands over a few spears before finally deciding on one and giving it to her.

"Have you ever used a spear before?" He says grabbing his own before walking away leaving her to trail after him.

"Only a few times. I'm most used to using a bow." Aonung continued to walk until the two of them were further away from the clan away from prying eyes, which she were thankful for, she didn't want others to see her get humiliated, she knew she were a skilled warrior, in fact in the Omaticaya she were exceptional for her age, she just didn't know how to use a spear.

"Okay, copy my stance," Aonung says his face hardened he was more serious now that the two of them were practicing.

She bent her legs crouching down more and moving her hands to hold the spear properly. She looked at Aonung for confirmation that she was doing it right, to which he nodded his head at her. "Hm pretty good."

Over the next hour or two showed Mackenzie started to know how to use the spear. Toward the end of the session, the two of them started sparring.

He promised with one last sparring match that the two of them would be done.

Mackenzie took a quick deep breath before lunging forward deciding that she'll be the first to strike this time. The middle of her spears meet his and she smirks having taken Aonung by surprise.

In her previous matches, he would always attack first. She take a step forward pushing him further back. She watch as Aonung snaps back his face changing from surprise to determination.

He quickly parried from ger turning out of her clash of spears. They circle each other for a moment before he quickly attacks her however this time he thrusts the blunt side of the spear at her.

She quickly dodge, her heart rate picking up with how quickly the fight had changed to be in his favor, like her previous matches.

Mackenzie take attempt to leap back away from his attacks but Aonung just sweeps his spear between her own.

Her eyes flicker to Aonung's face to see him smiling brightly before he swept her legs and her back hit the ground.

Earlier in the day she thought that the sand would provide some cushion to when she fell but she quickly learned that wasn't the case. She wish she had learned to use a spear back home so she wouldn't be in this situation now, with the wind knocked out of her.

She felt her skin crawl in goosebumps and from her rough fall, she hadn't even realized that Aonung lay above her with his spear pressing into her skin.

His breathing fans over her skin and he just continues to smile at you. Her eyes skim over every feature that lies on his face and she can't seem to find a single imperfection.

Not from the mole that rests above his nose or his eyes that couldn't seem to decide on a color is a mix of blue and green. She felt how his eyes traced over your face just like how she was.

She groan in annoyance trying to mask how nervous she were. "This is so stupid, get off."

Aonung only chuckles at her embarrassment his laugh vibrating against her chest. "Come on, it's okay to lose." He says mockery laced in his
tone.

Aonung had bested her. She didn't see it as that big of a feat, seeing as she were only just learning how to use a spear, but her pride was still bruised.

She roll her eyes and push her hands onto his chest beckoning him to get up.
As he sits up he grabs her forearm helping her sit up too. "Just takes practice. We can do this a few times a week if you want?"

"Really?" She say skeptically.

"I could find some time in my busy schedule I suppose." He says amusement in his eyes.

Mackenzie just huff at him and lightly push him.

——