𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

MCKENZIE SWAM AROUND the tall plants, avoiding the sky people before she met up with Neteyam. "Are you hurt?" She signed to him.

"No, are you?"

"No, i'm good. Where are the others—"

McKenzie scrunched up at the sound of an unfamiliar voice barking orders towards her father into her ear piece. She shared a look with Neteyam, realising he could hear it aswell. They two siblings arose from the water, spotting a load of skim wings facing the boat.

McKenzie squinted her eyes slightly, spotting Loak, Tuk and Tsireya. "Shit." She mumbled. She contiuned to listen to the interaction between Jake and Quaritch before noticing her father heading towards the boat.

McKenzie immediately went to follow after her father, but Neteyam held her back. "If you go try help him, they will attack." She pursed her lips, her nerves running high.

Suddenly, Payakan came out of the water, landing onto the boat. Several Avatars began shooting at the tulkun but it was no use as he went back into the water. The Metkayina took their chance as they sped forward, beginning to fight.

Neteyam and McKenzie took the chance to engaged in the fight, the siblings jumping onto the boat. McKenzie cutting the restraint's off of the girls,"Get her out of here and be safe." McKenzie demanded to Tsireya, who nodded in response.

McKenzie moved over to her brothers before pulling them in a hug. "Are you okay?" She questioned Lo'ak.

The boy nods with a smile.

"Okay, let's get out of here." She grabs his arm to pull him with her but he doesn't move. His face scrunched up in recognition.

"They have spider! We have to save him!"

McKenzie glanced out to the ocean before back at Lo'ak. Spider was like a friend to Kiri and a human brother to her. She has to save her family.

"Okay, let's go. We get in and get out." Lo'ak nods in confidence as Neteyam sighs in disbelief.

"Let's go."

——

Neteyam, Loak, and McKenzie are shimmying on the ceiling holding on to different ridges as they climb above the humans who look to be evacuating. They stopped moving as they waited for them to pass by before moving again

They settled in a spot in the ceiling, far above the path as they watched on at the humans walking by, escorting Spider to a rescue raft.

McKenzie let out a call to alert Spider. The boy wipped his head to the side at sound, it's been years since he heard that calling. He told himself to be prepared.

The siblings jumped down on the girl's signal and took their rifles out of their hands. McKenzie whipped one of them with the back of the gun before ripping the mask off another, all of them falling down to the ground fairly quickly as Spider also joins in as they subdue them.

McKenzie saw from the corner of her eye one of the soldiers lifting their body up from the ground to reach for his gun.

Before he pulls the trigger, she quickly fire into his head. His blood splatters on the wall behind him and on her thighs, chest, and face. She's covered in blood. Her red eyes glaring around the area to see fire and smoke appearing everywhere.

"Let's go, let's go!" She shouted as she stopped looking down at the dead man and up towards her brothers and Spider. She let out a huff as she pushed them along down the metal walkway, a gun still firmly pressed in her hands as Loak carried one too.