𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮

AONUNG SAT beside his girls body with his sister, crying and holding her cold hands as sobs continued to fall from his lips.

Jake and Neytiri had left to save the girls and had Neteyam and Lo'ak to stay behind.

"I feel like bad something is about to happen." Lo'ak sighs. Watching the burning ship, it groans loudly as the ship slowly rotates.

"We have to go help them." Neteyam sighs, looking at his older sister with sorrow and sadness. His heart breaking from her empty eyes.

Lo'ak stared down at McKenzie, nodding his head with determination. "Dad may not like it, but Ken would."

Neteyam slowly pushed himself up to stand as the ship groaned loudly again, making Lo'ak turned to the boat in worried.

"We gotta go!" Lo'ak didn't hesitate to jump in the water before calling his ilu.

Neteyam glanced over to the boat and back to his sister before turning sharply toward Aonung. "Watch over her."

Aonung glanced up with tears down his face before nodding, "Always."

With that, Neteyam jumped in the water and grabbed his Ilu on the way. Leaving the two siblings with his dead sister.

Silence filled the air as gun shots and screaming echoing from the ship. Tsiyra covered her ears in pain and fear as her brother pulled her to his side. "Sister, go search for mom and dad. Bring them here. We have to take her body home."

Anonug softly rubs the crown of her head.

The girl swiftly pulls away from her brother, with a nod she calls for her Ilu before diving into the water.

Aonung was now alone with the lifeless girl. He caresses her face with love and affection. Moving her hand up to hold with his, with sob he cried silently in grief.

"Come back to me baby." Aonung whispered softly in the air, tilting his head up to the sky. "Bring her back to me, Great Mother, I beg you."

It seems like Ewa had answered his prayer as the sanhì spots on the girl were glowing. Aonung blinks in confusion as the glow began to brighten up, the wounds around her arms miraculously healed, a mark replacing the wound. The bullet wound began to close in, the details of the wound forming into a scar.

Aonung couldn't believe his eyes, he swiftly leaned over to her face with a hopeful look. He's palm moved up to rest on the side of her face, feeling it warm as the grip on his other hand tightened slightly.

"My love?"

McKenzie twitched, the air entering her lungs as she breathes softly.

Aonung was now waiting for her to open her eyes to see him, to look up at him.

McKeñzie groans lowly before her eyes snapped open.

Aonung stared down at her with shock and admiration. Her eyes were different, they weren't the fiery ones that a predator would look like, no, the eyes seemed more calm and relaxed. The eyes held a million different emotions and memories.

Blue meets Yellow.

——

Jake and Ney'tiri made it to shore together with their kids on Payakan after informing them that the prince had brought the eldest Sully sibling. The sun shines brightly on the island as people were gathered around their arrival.

Cheering with happiness and excitement. The air was less gloomy.

Jake looks around with a weak smile, his hand tightening against Ney'tiris.
Tonowari approaches the family with a smile of his own as Ronal trails behind him.

The chief was lightly bruised up, light cream was put on his forearms. Ronal didn't seem to have any bruises or a single scratch.

Ney'tiri had taken her children to clean up with Ronal.

"JakeSully, well done." Tonowari said, laying a hand on his should in comfort before noticing the depressing expression on the families face. "What is wrong?"

"I lost my daughter." Jake told him, his voice cracking as the man only just gave him a smile.

"Now, Jake. She is not gone."

"What— What do you mean? She died right in front of me." Jake scoffs, feeling his anger growing.

Tonowari only just chuckles. "Come with me."

Jake's anger slowly turned into concern before following his friend.

Tonowari led Jake to his pod where shouts of excitement and joy erupted from the house. Tuk's happy laughter was heard. Jake was in utter confuse.

Tonowari gestured at Jake to wait outside before walking inside.

The laughter was now silenced as the family began to step outside the hut. Jake glanced at his family to see tears before he could panic, Ney'tiri reassured him that everyone was okay.

Ronal came out as her mate follows behind, holding up the curtain door.

"She's waiting."

Jake gave him a confuse look, glancing at Ney'tiri who only gave him an encouraging smile, nodding her head inside.

Jake huffs before slowly made his way inside.

The curtain door closed behind him as he saw a female navi standing right in front of the open area, looking out at the sea with Aonung beside her.

"Hey." Jake calls out.

The two navi turned to face the man. Jake became speechless. He stared at his daughter with a blank face.

McKenzie smiled softly at her father as Aonung step away to give them space.

"Papa." McKenzie sighs tearfully. Tears threaten to fall from her beautiful yellow eyes.

She's here, she's alive.

Jake slowly took walks up to her, hesitating now and then. "Babygirl?" He spoke softly, unsure if he was dreaming. He scanned her whole face before it landed on her scar, right on her chest.

"It's me." She smiled, tears falling down her face.

Jake finally approached the girl and grabbed her in a tight hug. Following a sob from the girl, Jake felt relieved and happy. He smiled fondly up at the sky with silent prayer to Ewa.

Aonung watched in awe at the moment before calling everyone inside.

I never lose hope in Ewa.

———