𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

NEYTIRI WAS UNWARE with what Jake had done to her daughter. It was in the middle of the day as she waited for her return from a flight Tuk told her about.

Jake walked past her with a basket of fishes, glancing at his wife before settling the basket down.

"What's wrong?"

"McKenzie hasn't been back. It's almost night time." She replied. Looking out to the sky for any signs of a Ikran.

Jake sighs, feeling tired from his kids disobeying his orders. He decides to start preparing dinner, his wife giving him a side eye before going to help him.

McKenzie will be back soon, she thought as she grabs a knife and starts to cutting a fish.

——

Däve flies around a white cloud as his rider was in deep thoughts. The thought of disappointing her father was a real pain. She thought she could take a flight to clear her mind which is starting to work.

Däve let out a loud roar, bring the girl back to reality.

"What is it?"

Däve turned his body slightly to the side to let her see below, catching the sight of four Ilu below the water. Raising a brow, she made Däve land on top of a rocky island. Däve lowered himself to hide the both of them as three Navi's came to surface with a laugh.

McKenzie squirted her eyes to notice Aonung and his friend.

"Let's go!" One of the boys yelled out before they all left in a hurry, leaving a Ilu behind.

She followed after them.

Lo'ak who was at the bottom of the ocean,
focusing his attention on a big fish swimming as he pointed the arrow at it. Without hesitation he shot it down, killing the fish immediately.

Feeling proud of himself, he looked behind to Aonung but they were gone.
With a frown he went up to the surface for air and to see that Aonung had left him by himself.

"Guys! You can stop playing now!"

Lo'ak felt scared that he might get lost or killed. Unaware, a giant sea creature was charging up towards his Ilu. With its mouth wide opened the creature jumped out and ate the Ilu, knocking Lo'ak away.

He landed with a hard splash in the water. In surprise he went under to see the creature. The creature finished killing the Ilu and noticed Lo'ak before it changed after him.

Mckenzie was circling around from above to the boys as they reached the shore with laughter.

"Man, that was so good!" One of the boys laughed excitedly and nudged Aonung who let out a dry chuckle before looking up at the sky.

"That forest boy is so dumb! Doesn't even know how to call to the fishes! So stupid."

Aonung eyed the creature in the sky before his eyes widened. "Shit." He mumbled under his breath. His heart pounding with panic and frustration.

Däve let out roar, catching the others attention. Däve shot down and landed on the sand. McKenzie glaring at the boys. The boys stepped back in fear when they spotted a knife in her hand.

"Woah—" McKenzie swings the handle to the boy, cutting him off. He stumbles back into his friends who caught him as he held his temple where she hit him. McKenzie swiftly grabs Aonung who tries to approach her, she harshly pulls his arms behind his back and grabs his braid. The knife close to his neck.

The boys went to help him but the prince stopped them. "Let go, love." he whispered but received a hiss beside his ear.

"Where's my brother?"

——

Lo'ak sat comfortably on the back of his new friend, a Tulkun. The beautiful creature had saved him and he helped to remove an old hook from his fin.

"Why are you outcast?— AHH!" Lo'ak was snatched by his arm and into the air. He let out a scream when Däve tossed him up in the air and landed behind his sister.

"Are you okay!? Are you hurt?! Why are you bleeding!?" McKenzie asked in worried, checking his form before gently wipe off a few blood on his skin.

Lo'ak stared at his sister with tears streaming from his eyes. Feeling warm in his chest at her worried eyes. He felt happy that someone in the family really cared about him. He subconsciously let out a sob that broke her heart.

"Oh, Lo'ak." McKenzie placed her hand on his cheek with a sad smile. She pulled the boy in her arms and hugged him tightly.  "It's okay, baby. I'm here."

Lo'ak hugged her tightly, bursting into tears. McKenzie held her baby brother tightly as Däve landed on a nearby rock island.

McKenzie was like a mother to Lo'ak, she was happy or proud whenever he came home to show her a few fishes he caught and how he fought the Nav'i back home who was teasing Kiri. Lo'ak was her little brother and her little baby. He might be the one who always gets in trouble, she would always take the blame for him. 

It was always dark, the sun was setting and McKenzie and Lo'ak were swinging around with Payakan, the Tulkun that saved Lo'ak. He had introduced him to the Tulkun and McKenzie was already loving the creature.

Lo'ak who sat on the back as McKenzie sat on his fin, close to his eye. She gently patted the creature to get his attention.

"Thank you for saving my baby brother, I owe you my life." She signed out to him. Payakan let out a loud beautiful sound. "You are welcome, McKeñzie." The girl smiled at him.

"What are you guys talking about?" Lo'ak asked, peeking his head down at her. Before she could answer, a horn sounded from afar as shouts were heard. The villagers are looking for them.

"Oh shit."