𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

MCKENZIE STOOD just outside the reef, on the Rocky Mountain with her Ikran, Däve. The creature coos as she patted his head softly. Watching her little brother having fun with his new friend, payakan. It's been a week since she hasn't been able to talk to her father.

"Sis! Come on!" The boy yelled out with glee as he was tossed in the air by the tulkuns tail.

The girl laughs, shaking her head. The ikran beside her nudge her forward slightly with a huff. McKenzie raised a brow and glanced at him.

Communicating through gestures and gestures. McKenzie rolled her eyes and shoves the ikrans head away, The ikran huffs before going a bit further away from her.

McKenzie went back to watch her brother before she was harshly pushed into the water.

Gasping as she made contact with the water, she swam up the surface and heard her brother and the tulkun laughing.

Turning to look at her ikran who was curled up and sat on the rock with a cheeky glint in his eyes. The creature was looking around acting like he did not just pushed her into the water.

"Wow! So it's like that?"

The ikran mocked her tone with a low growl and a moving its head side to side, mocking her.

McKenzie gave him a smirk before swimming over to her brother.

"Nice for you to join us." He chuckled.

"Do me a favor will ya?"

It's been a minute since Loak and the Tulkun had been playing around. The ikran sat peacefully and relaxed. Not noticing the tulkun had swam behind him with loak and McKenzie.

"Now!"

The ikran jumped in shock as a huge wave of water splashed over him. Laughters filled the air as the ikran glared at his rider and her brother who sat on the tulkuns fin and laughing at him.

The day was refreshing for the two siblings. They enjoyed each other's company and had fun. The two now sat on the tulkuns back, watching the sun shines through the clouds.

"This is fun." Loak sighs, falling on his back. McKenzie sat still with a smile on her face.

"It is fun, we should do this more often." She replied.

The boy hums in confirmation before closing his eyes.

McKenzie stared out the open sea, eyes sparkling with joy and peace. Watching the waves clashes against each other.

Something caught the girls eyes, its head peaking out the ocean before back down. Thinking it was just a fish before the Tulkun began to rumble below them.

"Payakan? What is it?" Loak sat up as McKenzie placed her hand its back.

"Whats wrong?"

Something was moving fast around the tulkun. McKenzie noticed a blur in the water. She peaked over to see a beautiful skimwing.

"What is that—"

"It's a skimwing!" McKenzie let out an excited laugh. Standing up and follows the creature.

"Dont tell me you are going after it—"

"Im going after it!"

The girl jumped in the ocean beside payakans eye. She glanced around the area to see the skimwing gone, tuning to look at payakan with a shrug.

Payakan lets out a rumbling noise. "Look out!"

McKenzie turns to see the skimwing charging towards her. With a gasps she quickly swam away. The skimwing knocks her around before it charges back at her.

McKenzie's instinct took over her as she dodged the creature before holding on tight by its fin, taking her with it. The skimwinf wiggles around, trying to shake the navigator off but couldn't. The animal jumped up to surface along with the girl who let out a yelp.

"Be careful!"

Loak thought the girl was just playing around but her goal was to tame the beast, just like her father.

Realization came across the boys mind as he saw a glimpse of McKenzie grasping her braid when the two were in the air. "Ken! No! Don't do it!"

The creature went back down the ocean and dragged the girl back down.

"McKenzie!" The brother yelled out in worry.

McKenzie angrily grabbed the creature and threw her legs around it, putting it in a headlock as the fish continued to wiggle her off.

Loak looked around the sea of the sight of his sister, worried filled his mind. Seeing blurs underwater before it burst out into the sky, McKenzie let out a loud laugh.

Loak couldn't help but laugh at his sister. The two mades it's way over to loak and payakan. "Did you see that?!"

"That was awesome!" Loak laughs. Going over to pull her up on the tulkun. The skimwing swam around Payakan as the two navi watched.

"Did you name him?"

"Her name is..Seze." The girl proudly said.

From afar, a warrior who was out hunting, came across the two siblings and watched how the girl bonded with an outcast skimwing. The warrior quickly swam away back to the village to inform his chief.

——

Aonung was sitting in their Mauri with his family, his mother was sitting and making dinner with the help of his sister. His father sitting next to the open door with his spear sharpening.

He was lost in thoughts, McKenzie was on his mind more than once. His mother, Ronal can see it from a distance. Soon, he would have to choose a mate before completing on becoming the next chief, McKenzie wouldn't be a bad choice.

Ronal decided to ask her son with the thought she had been thinking about for a long time.

"What is going on with you and that forest girl?"

Aonung froze in his spot from her sudden question, his sister and father glancing around the two.

"W-Whatever you mean, mother—"

"You are in love with her." She cuts him off. Getting straight to the point, the point on how red the boy's face is turning.

"I am not!" He yelled in frustration and embarrassment.

His father chuckling at him, "It's alright to be in love, son."

"Father!"

"Look at his face! It's so red." His sister pointed out with a laugh.

"Shut up!"

"You are going to choose a mate soon. I hope you can choose wisely." Ronal smiled a bit, glancing up at her son. "I don't a brave and mighty woman as my daughter in law." She shrugged.

Aonung groans in disbelief at his father, covering his red face. The thought of McKenzie being his mate was something he wished to achieve. And he will succeed.

"Why are you all teasing me?" He grumbled and rolled his eyes.

The only response he could get was laughter from his family. He felt a bit sense of relief from the fact his mother approved of the forest girl, his forest girl. He continued to be grumpy and embarrassed that his family is teasing him all the sudden.

This is what he loves the most, his family. Them being together and having a great time. He wished it could be like this forever.

A warrior came rushing to the pod and knocked with a few breaths. Alerting the chief and his wife.

——

Sorry for the late updates :,)