𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

MCKENZIE KNEW that she can't go far, so she had landed on a village far away from her home.

The chief knew of her arrival and had welcomed her with open arms. They respected her as a brave warrior in all of Pandora.

McKenzie sat outside of her pod, listening to the waves crashing against each other. The lights from below glowing beautifully. Fishes swimming around underneath her, the night sky was clear and filled with stars. 

McKenzie knew what she did was selfish, leaving home after getting yelled at. Leaving her little siblings without saying goodbye.

She was in deep thoughts that she didn't notice a nav'i swimming under her Mauri.

The boy swam up to the surface and watched her. He was mesmerized by her beauty, he lifted a hand and gently knocked on the wooden floor.

McKenzie glanced down in the water and saw the one and only, Aonung.

"How'd you find me?"

Aonung swiftly climbed up and sat next to her with a small smile, "I'm a very good friend with Quë'ny."

The daughter of the chief was indeed good friend of Aonung.

"What'd you want?"

"Nothing, I just wanted to apologize for being a jerk to your siblings." He said, glancing down at the ocean before glancing back at her, "I promise, from now on, it won't happen again."

McKenzie raised a brow at his words, looking him in the eyes to see that he wasn't lying. "Truce."

Holding her hand out at him, the boy stared down at her hand before going to shake it. It felt weird in a good way, the little finger of hers was wrapped around his forearm and was surprised by how small her hand was compared to his.

"If you do it again, this time I won't hesitate to slit your throat."

That very night, the two felt complete with each other's presence. Feeling safe and comfortable, Aonung decided to stay with her until she changed her mind on going back home with him.

They talked, they laughed, it was a magical moment for the two of them.

——

In the morning, Quë'ny came quietly and knocked on the wood but her jaw dropped upon seeing McKenzie sleeping on Aonung's chest. She decided to leave them alone for now before going back to her duties.

The couples has been sleeping for what seems like hours that it was almost eclipse, the sun was shining through the open window.

McKenzie slowly opened her eyes, swiftly moving her head to look up to the boy who was sleeping peacefully.

She smiled as she admired his features, tracing her fingers around his chest.

"You're staring, yawne." Aonung smiled, opening one eye to see her face close to his.

Feeling a blush forming on both their faced as they stared at each other.

"You look so pretty." McKenzie whispered softly. Her eyes darting to his lips as he did the same.

Aonung felt his world stop when she began to lean towards him. The lips he wanted so bad to kiss. And now, it's finally happening.

"And you look more beautiful, my love." He whispered back.

The two slowly leaned in, his lips brushing against hers, a smile approaching his, a teasing glint in his eyes. Without hesitation McKenzie pulled him in with her hand on his face.