𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

MCKENZIE WAS NOT ready for the tall boy to approach her, of course he was the chiefs son. As she began unloading Däve with her things, the boy came towards her with a forced smile.
"Welcome to our village. Toruk Makto's daughter, let me help you."

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." Mackenzie chuckled, Däve attempted to bite the boy's hand, he took a step back with surprised smile appeared on his face. She petted Däve neck as he slightly growled towards Anoung. "He doesn't fend too well with other people."

"T've never seen one like it." His voice was deep and husky, Mackenzie wouldn't have accepted the help he offered. In fact, she would've given the boy a snarky comeback, but she knew she had to be nice- plus he didn't seem that bad yet.

She gave threw a bag towards him, the boy caught it and a heavy thud was heard. "Hope it's not too heavy for you, fish boy." He scoffed with a small smirk painted on his face. "You wish."

So he could take a joke, that was nice to know. Mackenzie shook the thoughts off her head. "You're slow. Keep up." Neteyam and Lo'ak laughed as the tall boy trotted after their sister.

The village was quite beautiful, and interesting. She was trying to admire it, but he still somehow had his eyes on her. "So what was that, back there?" He had asked her, Mackenzie briefly glanced at the boy as they made their way through the village. "My ikran, Däve."

Her response was short but simple, and they didn't say a word after that.

Tsireya lead the family towards their new. "Your new home." Tsireya told them.

Jake looked around the place with a smile, "Yeah this will work." Ney'tiri dropped their luggage in annoyance-she wanted to be home.

"May I set it down here?" Anoung asked the girl, she raised a bow. "Sure." He was being really polite, she figured it was because he just following his fathers orders.

"We must get going, see you all around." Tsireya smiled at the family, as her and Lo'ak made eye contact.
"Enjoy your stay." The boy told the family, as he walked away, he took one final glance at Mackenzie who was busy looking around.

Once the siblings of the chief left, Jake called for a family meeting. "Come on, Sully's. Family meeting." He told them, the family sat around in a circle. Kiri sat down in the corner covering herself with a blankey from back home, her grandmother let her have.

"I need you kids on your best behavior, I mean it." He warned them all. "Learn fast. Pull your weight. No getting lost," He looked at Kiri, she curled herself up in a ball. "No causing trouble." He turned to Lo'ak.

"No getting in trouble and no fights, you got it?" He eyed Neteyam and Mackenzie, who nodded back and said,
"Yes, sir." Neteyam laughed, he seemed to be the only one keeping his cool about it.

He found it funny that his father had to label what they're all famous for.
"What about me dad!" Tuk asked, "No being dragged around, Tuk."

"Father, they won't ever accept us."
Mackenzie warned him, Ney'tiri clicked her tongue. "Make them accept you.
He told his children, they fell into silence. "What does your father always say?"

"Sully's stick together." They sulked the words out, Jake tried to give a supportive smile. "That's right, now with a little more meaning to it." They repeated the words again, and began to unpack more of their stuff.

*⁂᯽⁂*

Mackenzie sat down next to Kiri, as Tuk rested on her lap, staring at the ceiling.
She side eyed her sister before softly touching Tuk's hair. "I don't like this anymore than you do, sister."

"Nothing about this is fair, Mackenzie." Kiri responded back. Since their whole journey here, Kiri had curled herself up in a thin blanket. "I don't like seeing you sulk. I know you miss Spider."

"I do, I don't like it here." She knew that Kiri was right, hell she agreed with her. As an older sister, she couldn't let that get to Kiri as much as it got to her. "Give it a chance, I'm sure you'll love the energy here and stuff-you know, grandmother would've liked it too."

Kiri gave a soft chuckle, "No, she wouldn't have. Not for a long long time."

"You're right, but that doesn't mean that it'd happen to you. It's very beautiful here, Kiri. You'll love it." Kiri bit her lip and rested her head on Mackenzie's shoulder and closed her eyes.

She might not like it here, but she couldn't see her siblings upset.
Sully's stick together, as it's said.

*⁂᯽⁂*