𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

THE WAY BACK to the shore was quiet and the siblings were met with the people. They carefully walked through the crowd as they gave them a convincing and a doubtful look.

Both navi's were confused before they made it to a big opening to Tonowari and an angry Jake, a nervous Aonung and a proud yet curious Ronal.

"What have you done?" Jake angrily stated , marching up to his eldest.

"What—?" McKenzie stepped back in confusion. Lo'ak looks at neteyam who gave him a shrug and a worried look.

"What's going on?" Loak asked. Glancing at the girl he had feelings for.

"Come child." Tonowari commanded.

Jake glanced around as he stepped to the side, letting McKenzie through. Ney'tiri approached him with a soft gaze. Trying to keep him calm.

"She had bonded with a skimwing, it's against the law." Tsireya stated with unease, she hugged herself as Lo'ak glanced at her. "The skimwing is also an outcast."

"Wait— what?-" Loak scoffs, watching as the chief led McKenzie through the crowd. Ronal followed behind them.

Jake was going to apologize for his harsh words to his daughter until she did something that could possibly kick them out of the clan. Making his anger go over the earth's moon. Neytiri was proud at least for her but she needed to support her mate, even if he is in the wrong.

——

"What you did was out of law." Tonowari spoke with authority over McKenzie who sat down infront of him and his wife.

"I'm sorry sir, I didn't mean to." The girl bowed her head to apologized before looking up to him. "But she chose me."

Ronal had a small smile as Tonowari stared at her in disbelief. "Child, that skimwing was one of the greatest creatures ever, our bestest warrior rode that creature till they were killed by it." He explained, giving her a look.

McKenzie sighs, glancing behind to see her father and mother. "I'm sorry sir, with all due respect."

"I know what I know." Tonowari sighs as the girl said that, she was stubborn like Lo'ak.

"That's enough." Jake rushed inside and gripped her arm, pulling her behind him. "I'll handle this one."

Tonowari nodded and patted his shoulder.

——

The way back to the pod was a painful silence. McKenzie walked up front with her mother as Jake followed behind. Glaring at anyone who looked at them. He was angry, very angry.

Once inside McKenzie was greeted by a hug, Tuk happily smiled at her older sister and hugged her tightly , "I miss you!"

"Tuk, go to your mother." Jake said, folding his arms with a hard stare.

"But—"

"Now."

Tuk walked away with a frown.

McKenzie was preparing for his harsh words, folding her arms behind her back and look at the man.

"You've disappeared for a week and you come back and stirred up more troubles. What are you doing?" Jake stated with anger, trying not to yell.

"Are you trying to kick us out? Is that what you're trying to do?"

McKenzie only just started at him before opening her mouth, "She chose me." Was the only thing she said.

"I don't care! You are causing more trouble than Lo'ak! You have to responsibly!" He let out, the anger was too much for him to bear.

"You've disappointed this family, you've disappointed me. You're a disgrace to this family."

McKenzie only just stared at him, her eyes screaming at him but she didn't say a word. She wanted to leave, to get away from him as soon as possible.

Hearing him saying that made her lose confidence in herself. She looked up to him so much that she became so attached to him. She was after all a daddy's girl.

"Okay, can I be excused to leave, sir?"

Jake was taken aback, he expected she'll yell back and protest but she didn't. Thinking he had finally gotten her to listen, he nodded.

"Get outta my face." He scoffs.

McKenzie nods and turns to leave, as she was about to walk out. Jake's voice made her holt.

"Any more troubles, I'm killing that skimwing."

She left. Jake groans in frustration and clinching his hands, hearing a shuffling sound coming from behind him. He turned and looked to see his four children fell with a thud from outside, they gave him a sheepishly smile and waved.

He shook his head in disbelief.