𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚

𝗜𝗧 𝗛𝗔𝗗 𝗕𝗘𝗘𝗡 a brand new day, and somewhat of a weird one. The oldest daughter had this hunch that something bad was going to happen, but overall, everything seemed okay so far. So why did she feel like this?

"McKenzie! Ken!" Tuk exclaimed running around her older sister, "Yes, Tuk Tuk?" A chuckle escaped her lips, her younger sister proceeded to grab her legs and repeatedly jump.

"Can we go on a walk? Can we? Can we? Can we?"

At first, she thought her sister meant a normal walk through a safe space near the campsite but then she slowly realized that Tuk meant she wanted to learn how to shoot with a bow and arrow, something that McKenzie had kept from her parents.

She always figured since Tuk was the baby of the family, she might as well learn how to fend for herself and not be scared.

"Alright! Yes, we can go.
Grab the arrows." She did exactly as her sister had told her, and the two walked hand in hand together through the campsite.

There were always a lot of stares, constantly. Was it because of her reputation? Or was it because she was fairly attractive?

She wasn't trying to toot her own horn, but McKenzie knew that she wasn't ugly.

She was often told that she resembled her father a lot, whether it was in attitude or looks, and her mother was always very pretty. But they also respect the young woman who had eyes like their ancestors.

——

The sisters reached a small pond, one where Ney'tiri used to take McKenzie when she was around Tuk's age to practice with her bow and arrow.

She had many fond memories here, with her mother. She decided to keep a small tradition, doing with Neteyam and Loak as well. Kiri wasn't interested in learning how to fight, but she respected her sister's decision.

The small Na' vi began to posture herself, with a cheeky smile on her face. To McKenzie, she thought that Tuk genuinely liked learning how to fend for herself, but the truth was, that Tuk just wanted to be alone with her older sister.

They always joked around saying that she was her older siblings' shadow.
"Good, keep an eye on the fish.

"Release when you feel it's right to." It was only a few moments after that Tuk did what her sister had said and aimed right at the fish. "I did it! Sel! I did it!" She couldn't contain her excitement and began to jump around, McKenzie let out a chuckle and guided her sister to go catch it.

They spent an hour or two practicing before they headed back towards the camp.

"Remember, we don't say anything to anybody. Ok?" Tuk nodded, McKenzie tapped her younger sister's shoulder in comfort. "Now, go play.

She watched her younger sister walk off and heard someone behind her.
She already knew all too well who it was. "McKenzie."

"Grandmother." She turned towards her grandmother, Mo'at sat on the ground, organizing a few herbs. "I see you have your grandfather's knife." The girl didn't realize that she had her knife out, it must've been a reflex, and shamelessly put it away.

"Where were you?" McKenzie sat next to her grandmother, "Hunting alone." She lied with all her teeth. "And your siblings?"

"Most likely running along with Spider, and Tuk's somewhere around camp. Why?" She began to get curious about what her grandmother was trying to do.