•5•

Brandy's POV

Brandy's POV

"Let's get downstairs, better there

"Let's get downstairs, better there."

We walked downstairs, and I told Ekko to sit and talk with Powder and the others while i spoke with Violet.

We went over to her top bunk and sat together there, with closed curtains.

"Vander's deal is that the lanes stay out of piltover, and the enforcers stay out of the lanes. And i recon that because we left..."

"The enforcers can leave piltover too. Shit!"

Vi layed back onto her pillow and held her arms out to me, and I crawled into them. We held each other, heat crawling up my face, but i pushed it down.

A thud was heard, and the chittering and banging of the wind-up monkey followed. Everyone shot up immediately and got up from where we were sat, climbing to the hidden section high by the roof.

We sat there waiting while the door opened, and the heavy feet of the enforcer sounded. Powders' hands were slipping on the pipe she held onto. If she let go, we would all be found.

We could hear Vander's conversation with the enforcer. He was being taunted, but it was Vander he obviously delt it well.

"Be a shame if i had to put those on again. Cast irons, well, it's hard to clean."

He spoke of his gauntlets and the power he had and an old friend we'd never met or even heard of. I looked to Vi but her concern was for her sister, and i didn't blame her. She was about to be caught.

The enforcer took one last look of the room before closing the door annoyingly slow. Powder fell just after he closed the door, and Vi and I let out a sigh.

We could hear the enforcer insulting us, our people, all because hes a sore mother fucker who couldn't find a few children. A glass was smashed, presumably him, and i rolled my eyes at his - possible - childishness.