•9•

Brandy's POV~

Brandy's POV~

7 years later

The dusty cells of the prison are lighting up from the hallway

The dusty cells of the prison are lighting up from the hallway. I open my eyes to the light and my cell mate stirs as I do. I rub my eyes and sit up. Standing, I walk rings in my cell.

"Can you not pace?"

"Why? Is it bothering you Vi?"

She shrugs and all the women are called from their cells, just like every other morning.

Our cell door slides open and we are taken to the showers. I walk next to Vi and we make small talk.

"Well this is gonna sting."

"Hm, yeah. How is the new tattoo holding?"

Both me and Vi had tattoos. Her most noticeable is a full back tattoo that runs down her arms, consisting of cogs and metal parts. She also has the roman numerals VI on her face, meaning 6.

My most noticeable tattoo is a large dragon stretching and twisting from and around one arm to the other, the tail and head on each hand. And each of my fingers were filled black and faded out into my skin tone. I also have a tramp stamp with skulls and flowers.

My most recent tattoo is a moth on the middle of my stomach, with its wings on fire. It reminds me of how young and innocent we were as we crossed the bridge, all those years ago.

"I'll be fine. Its not like I've not done this before."

"Eh, that's true. Doesn't mean this won't hurt."

"I know, Vi. Don't worry."

"I won't Bran. I won't."

We enter the shower room and we have 15 minutes to clean. The guard turns on the water and I looked to the ceiling. I found if you don't want to look at strangers, look up.