Chapter One : Family

"Volare! Let go of my tail!" Laizard giggled.

"Noo! It's so fuzzy, I could sleep on it!" Volare protested while bear hugging Laizard's tail.

"Are you asking to be bitten?" Laizard teased.

"Ooo, mama gonna bite you!" Suri cackled.

Almost immediately, Volare released Laizard's tail with an embarrassed expression.
"I already have enough bite marks on my arms!"

"Yeah, that's what I thought!" Laizard said with her tongue sticking out in Volare's direction.

Volare huffed and crossed his arms like a misbehaved child.

Suddenly, Skitter pounced on Volare's wing.

"Rah! Gotchu!" The tiny Periscorp snickered.

"Oh no! You got me!" Volare exclaimed dramatically, falling backward gently, pretending as if he had been critically injured.

"You killed him!" Quake the tiny T-rox squeaked.

"No I didn't!" Skitter pouted, tapping Volare's shoulder.

Volare tried so hard not to chuckle at the three bantering, suddenly, he rose back up.

"Boo! I'm alive!" Volare popped up with a laugh.

All three of the juveniles yelped with surprise and Suri was the first to jump up and hug him.

Volare chuckled and hugged Suri back, squishing their fluffy cheeks with his metallic palms.

Volare then felt Laizard hug him from behind and she made that adorable purring sound that he liked to hear so much.

"Hey, you!" Volare giggled as he turned to look at the purple Kraigon he loved. "What are you doing?"

"I'm just very happy today."

"Uh-huh?" Volare raised an eyebrow. "When are you not happy?"

"A lot of days, haha." Laizard replied with sarcastic laughter.

"Well, you could just always tell me whenever you're feeling down! I don't bite, y'know?"

"But I do!"

Volare then felt Laizard playfully bite his shoulder, which caused Suri, Quake, and Skitter to giggle.

"Heyy! I said no biting!"

Then Suri joined in on the fun and started nibbling on Volare's hand. Soon enough, Quake and Skitter also started to nibble on him, but it didn't hurt because they're just kids.

"Well isn't this just lovely..." Volare sighed with sarcasm.

"That's right, get 'em, kids!" Laizard chuckled.

"Don't encourage them, Laiz!" Volare exclaimed. "It'll only get worse when they get older and actually start to hurt."

"Alright, alright, that's enough." Laizard said, still chuckling quietly. "Give him some hugs instead."

And the kids did exactly that and they all gave Volare a big hug.

"Okay, now I'm getting emotional!" Volare sniffled.

"Squeeze him as hard as you can!" Laizard then peeped.

"Wait what?!"

Following along with their mother's deviousness, they all squeezed Volare at the same time, which caused him to almost gasp for air until they all pull away.

"Why Laiz..." He sighed while lying back on the ground in defeat.

"You're easy to mess with." She cooed, tapping Volare on the center of his goggles.