Chapter Fourteen : Defeat

"Laizard!!" Volare called out one last time, but came no response from the Kraigon. She ignored him and fled through flight on the way to Earth Island, as it seemed. Volare clenched his metallic fists and tried not to tear up from the frustration and pain he is going through. His sister just died, and it was because of his partner's cruelty for causing an arson massacre. Not only that, but his younger and more stubborn brother just tried to kill her and Volare had to protect them both from ripping out each other's throats, risking both relationships to turmoil at one wrong move; and that's exactly what happened. He got angry and screamed at Laizard to shut her up, but that only made her more angry and run away from him while looking at him like he was the scum of the earth.

Volare struggled to keep his emotions under control as he turns around to look at Dominion, who is clutching his arm and hip and cursing under his breath. Volare steadily approached his brother and tried to help him walk back to Plant Island where the others were, but Dominion only shoved him away.

"Don't touch me." Dominion growled lowly, glaring at Volare.

"But I just want to help y—"

"I said don't fucking touch me!"

Volare flinched backward and looked at Dominion with a worried look.

"Okay, I won't touch you, but just let me help you get back to the others so they can treat your injuries. Please?"

Dominion snarled. "I think I'd rather let Beta's blind ass lead me back than someone who defended his psychopathic, murderous girlfriend who was about to add me to her kill count."

Those words hurt Volare a little bit. Okay, not a little bit, how about a lot.

Why is everything always my fault?

The Epic Air Wubbox sniffled as Dominion limped and marched away. He felt completely alone now. Laizard left him, and so has Dominion. He now had a choice to go after either one of them. Volare thought, maybe Dominion was right about him defending Laizard; as Volare decided to open his wings and take off into the sky to go after Laizard. He needs to get her under control, even if it kills him. Volare tries to fly as quick as he can. Laizard is a fast flyer, but he's faster; he'll surely catch up to her in no time, right?

Suddenly, Volare's eyes widen as he feels a massive weight being thrown down onto him from the sky. Something huge has found him, like a behemoth; far larger than Laizard; maybe even larger than Eldoris, the tallest Wubbox he knows. Volare yelps with surprise as the mysterious monster has grabbed him harshly and began to attack him. He can feel his wings being ripped by sharp talons and he struggles to fight back to get free from its grip. He is lifted up and he swore he saw the piercing black and yellow eyes of the monster before he is tossed to the ground and his ears start ringing from the impact. His eyes became blurry as he watches the creature fly away with its double pair of gigantic wings.

Volare felt numb in some spaces; while the rest are like a burning pain, especially his wings that were torn apart. Once the majority of his consciousness rolls back to him, Volare begins to tear up again, his eyes growing blurry once more but instead from the tears flooding his goggles. He rolls over and curls into a ball, sobbing and whimpering like a kicked puppy. He misses Laizard, he misses Suri, he misses Aspen...

Whilst he was crying, Volare felt a tug and a nudge on his arms. Startled, he throws his head up and sees Quake and Skitter looking down at him worriedly. The Epic Air Wubbox's eyes widened.

Oh, thank Galvana! They're safe!

"Volare? Volare?? Volare!" Skitter and Quake exclaimed, nudging Volare's shoulders. Volare felt too weak to even respond to them, but he raises his arm to pat Skitter and Quake on the head to let them know he's alive and moving.

"What happened?" Skitter cried, his stingers drooping like ears. The tiny Periscorp skitters around to observe Volare's injuries.

"I think he's hurt, Skitter." Quake observes.

"You think? I think you see that he is hurt! We gotta tell someone! What if he dies!?"

Quake's eyes widened.

"Wai— No! No, no, no! I don't want to lose Suri and Volare!! Okay, uh, I'm gonna go find Parlsona!" The T-Rox squeaked before quickly cantering off to go find the cream-furred Werdo.

Volare took deep breaths and tried not to laugh at the bantering. He's weak, but he highly doubts he'll die from this... right? He's been through worse, like that one time where a bunch of monsters jumped him at once. Volare sighs and just hopes to receive aid soon.