Intermission

This is bad, this is very bad...

I had my hands over my head, contemplating on what to do. The Kraigon just lost her second child, this could lead to very bad things: trauma, anxiety, depression, or even insanity.

"Oh shit!" Scaratar gasped. "Earth Island is completely destroyed, Galli!"

I sighed.

"I knew it was gonna erupt soon, but not that soon!"

"I saw a Tweedle get crushed by a rock and I wish I could unsee it."

"Oh dear..."

I tightened my grip on my staff as I keep my eye on the body of water that the juvenile Kraigon has crashed into, silently waiting for a potential survival from the child; but nothing popped back to the surface. I hung my head downwards to quietly mourn the loss. Wait! Perhaps I could—

"My, oh my, such a shame." Azeas chuckled.

I glared at the tall celestial.

"Where is your empathy, Azeas?" I scorned. "That child died too soon!"

"Galvana, come close, lemme tell you a secre-"

"That you don't care? Yeah, I think we get it." Scaratar interrupted.

"Oh dear! Was I speaking to you, insect?"

Scaratar reared back in offense.

"I'll show you 'insect'-"

"Enough, you both." I intervened.

Soon enough, behind us, approached Attmoz and Glaishur, the air and cold celestials.

"Heyyy, Galli! How's it been for ya? How has Bolt and Beta been?" Attmoz grinned.

"What the snowflakes is going on here?" Glaishur huffed jokingly. "Throwing a celestial reunion party and didn't invite us?"

"Har har, very funny." Azeas laughed sarcastically.

"Yikes, why is Azeas here?" Attmoz whispered, but it was loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Ouch." Azeas huffed.

"Seriously, though, why do I sense a lot of tension here?" Glaishur questioned.

I sigh as I get all of the celestials around me to sit down. Except for Azeas, because of course they don't listen to anyone.

"This may be a lot to take in, since it's been such a while since our last meeting with this many celestials at once." I began. "But, me and Az- well, just me, I have been watching after this one specific monster that is a very close acquaintance to the Wubboxes, a Kraigon."

Glaishur and Attmoz nodded along.

"Azeas' creation, right?" Attmoz asked. "The purple 'n' the other ones? I think the indigo one was a Rare Kraigon? And the Epic one... I can faintly recall a golden fur color."

"Correct." I nodded. "And well, it's a long story, but uhm, their second offspring just got killed." I finished.

"Eh?!"

"Really?" Glaishur tilts their head, showing genuine concern. "Is that a bad thing?"

"Yes, and it could get worse. I know Kraigons are ridiculously strong, especially this one because, uh, well, I gave it a few tweaks in the past..."

"Sooo, you're saying that the death of their child will cause a disaster?" Glaishur questioned. "They'll go insane perhaps?"

"Not exactly, I know Laizard would never do that! Right? Yeah, she wouldn't. She's a nice enough girl." I tapped my chin, now I was starting to worry, but I believe that Volare and Eldoris will help Laizard move on anyways.

"—Why are you getting other celestials involved, Galvana?! It's none of their business." Azeas barked.

"This is a serious crisis, Azeas. This is your creation, remember? We always look after each other." I retorted, then faced the other celestials as I say my next sentence for all of them to hear. "Besides, what would the others think when they realize that you are doing nothing about it to help your own creation?"

"You shut your mouth or I'll shut it for you." Azeas snarled.

Attmoz and Scaratar both give Azeas a judging glare.

"C'mon, Azeas, don't be like that! You're just having an off day." Glaishur spoke calmly, trying to give the tall celestial the benefit of the doubt.

"They've always been like this ever since the day we all parted ways." I said.

"Galvana, this is my patience right now." Azeas growled as they hold up their paw with their thumb and index finger just barely touching each other.

"Uhh, Galli—" Scaratar began.

"You can be mad all you want. But if you won't do anything about this like any normal celestial would do, then I will." I then firmly hold my staff and begin to walk away. "I'm going to revive Suri."

The second my eyes faced away from Azeas, I felt a sudden force push me from behind, causing me to fall forward and drop my staff, where it hits the ground hard and the blue orb shatters. My eyes widen as a sharp inhale leaves my mouth. I then rapidly turn my head and saw Azeas' tall frame with a look of no regret.

"Why did you do that!?" I spat. "Do you realize what you just-"

"Mhm!" Azeas doesn't even let me finish my sentence as they form an irritating smile. "I told you my patience was thinning."

"Azeas! You just broke Galvana's staff!" Attmoz yelled.

Azeas doesn't even verbally respond to Attmoz, only giving them a glare before they expanded their wings and attempt to fly away, but Glaishur tries to grab a hold of their tail.

"Let go!" Azeas snapped as they smack Glaishur in the face with their hoof, causing the cold celestial to release their tail to stop a gushing nosebleed, and Azeas flees the scene once again.

"Azeas!" Scaratar shouts after the celestial, but Azeas was already out of sight as they dove into a cloud.

I could feel my pupils shaking as I stare at my broken staff with the shattered core, the light of it has faded, now giving the orb a granite texture. With this, I can no longer use the power to give life to a monster. My throat tightens as I dearly hope that this destruction doesn't affect my Wubboxes, due to how I created their cores with that exact orb. Maybe I'm just overthinking it... right?