Chapter Five : Grief

About five hours later, approximately everyone that have survived the disaster from Earth Island have successfully evacuated to Fire Haven, and Volare, Eldoris, and Laizard have settled back into Air Island after that whole chain of events, completely distraught, mainly about Suri. Volare was being carried by Eldoris on the way there, for Volare was far too weak to even move due to the water still remaining in his system.

He felt himself being carefully placed down after a long walk, and after about thirty seconds, the feeling of Laizard's tense fur became apparent on his chest. He could tell she was unfathomably stressed because of how unusually tough her fur was.

Poor thing... at least it's good to know she cares about me.

Volare opened an eye and reached his hand up to touch Laizard's cheek, to where she almost immediately melted to the touch that Volare swore she was about to fall forward.

"It's okay... I'm okay...!" Volare rasped, trying all he can to give Laizard some hope that he will get better.

"You don't sound okay...!" Laizard sniffled.

"It's okay, Laiz. He wasn't in the water for that long." Eldoris said calmly, hugging the purple Kraigon from behind. "It'll get better."

Laizard sniffled a second time, wiping her snout.

"Suri..." She whispered just barely enough for Volare to catch.

Volare exchanged a worried glance to Eldoris, who quickly caught on and hugged Laizard tighter.

Volare sighed and tried getting himself up from the ground, but it was still difficult for him to even breathe without choking on water and he quickly fell back.

Eldoris stood up from Laizard before he kneeled down again beside Volare. He wrapped his arms underneath Volare's and pulled him up from the ground.

"Slow and steady." The Epic Water Wubbox spoke. "Here, lemme get some of that water out."

And just like that, Volare felt his metallic body being fanned by the propellers on the end of Eldoris' forearms. Some of the water seemed to dry out, and he could start bending his joints better.

"...This feels like physical therapy." Volare joked while slowly taking a step with the guidance of his younger brother.

"Probably because it is." Eldoris retorted. "You're lucky you're still functional. Remember what happened to Beta when he did the same exact thing a few years ago to save a Pango??"

"Oh yeah..."

"Is that how he lost his voice...?" Laizard peeped in.

"Yeah." Eldoris sighed. "He was in the water for too long that his voice box was long gone by the time I arrived to get him. His body was completely submerged unlike Volare."

"That's horrible."

"Yeah, it was. I just want my brothers to understand that water is no joke and they need to refrain from diving into it all the time!"

Eldoris then lifts up one of Volare's arms to drain out some water that would roll down, which kind of hurt a bit.

"Hey!" Volare spat. "It only happened twice!"