Chapter Fifteen : A Cold Night

Holly is still shivering, even with the accepting temperature of the Cold Island castle, especially his room, which was covered in ice, kind of like an igloo. It may look as cold as the Ice Age, but it was well-sheltered and warm enough for him to not completely frost up like a snowman. The melting of his snowy body had subsided eventually, but he still had a wandering anxiety on his mind. The Epic Cold Wubbox sat on an icy bench on one side of the room, hugging himself tightly.

Please let everyone be alright from that fire...

Holly shivers just from the thought of it. Especially with the fact that Aspen could potentially be harmed in that wildfire, if not killed! The thought only increased Holly's anxiety as he began to melt slowly once more. Maggpi puts a hand on his shoulder to ease him down.

"Hey, relax, it's gonna be okay, Holly...!"

Holly's shivering calmed down, but only a little bit.

"But— but Maggpi! It's Aspen. She- she- she could get hurt in that fire! She's very flammable...!"

"Shhh, shh, it's okay, Holly. Your sister is a smart Wubbox, she'll be just fine." Maggpi whispered, patting Holly on the head gently. This didn't make Holly feel better than it should've. The Epic Cold Wubbox was still shivering, even if it wasn't as cold anymore, especially with Holly's winter coat starting to come in. "Please, Holly, think positive. I am more than a hundred percent sure that Aspen is Ay-Okay!"

"But- but that fire was huge! What if she didn't get out in time?" Holly whimpered.

"Holly, please." Maggpi's grip on his shoulder tightened. "It's gonna be okay. Aspen may be, well, flammable - but she is still a robot! She'll make it out."

Holly doesn't believe her however, as his shivering has not ended yet. Then, the door to Holly's room opened, as Bolt and Beta emerged from the doorway. Holly jumped up from his seat and approached his brothers.

"Oh, you've returned!" Maggpi exclaims.

"Bolt, i-is everyone okay from the fire?" Holly's voice trembled with worry. His anxiety only increases when there isn't an immediate response from the two Wubboxes. "Bolt, please! Is Aspen okay?!" Holly pleaded, desperately hoping for better news.

"Holly," Bolt began with a disappointed tone. "You might need to sit down."

"Dø^'+ $<ÆrE H!^^, B0Ł+!" Beta squeaked.

"I'm not scaring him, Beta." Bolt sighs. "So, Holly, good news, uh, the fire is gone."

"Oh, that's a relief!" Maggpi chuckles.

Holly feels a sense of relief by this news, but he's not entirely relieved. He still needs to know if Aspen is alright.

"And Aspen?" Holly whispers.

"Let me finish. Bad news is... Aspen is gone." Bolt concluded; his head faced the floor.

"... G-gone?! What do you mean by that?! Don't tell me—"

"Holly, she's dead." Bolt's voice broke down to a depressed whisper.

"... What?" Holly inhaled sharply. "No. She can't be! You're just messing with me! I know you, Bolt. You always like to scare me and Volare with this stuff!"

"Holly, we're not kidding." Bolt sighs. Beta nods in agreement. Holly's thoughts go shallow when he notices the affirmation from Beta. They're not lying. Aspen is truly gone.

"What happened to her?!" Holly cried.

"What do you think? She got caught in the fire while trying to save a pummel and she also inhaled too much smoke."

"But... But... you said- you promised...!"

"Holly, I never promised anything." Bolt cuts Holly off, lifting up his hand as if he's about to tell Holly to talk to it.

"But- she can't be gone! She just- she just can't!!"

"Holly, we just said-" Bolt begins before Maggpi interrupts him.

"Bolt, he's in denial, give him some time."

"No! I don't need any time and I'm not in denial!" Holly spat. "I won't believe she's dead until I see it firsthand!!"

"Holly, please..."

"No, Bolt! I don't want to hear it from you anymore!"

"|-|0LlY!"

"Shut up, Beta!!" Holly then stands up and begins to march out of his room, out of the Cold Island castle, and into the direction of what once was Plant Island. He feels some doubt that Aspen would not have survived that disaster, but he refuses to lose hope.

"Holly, hold on!" Bolt shouted after the Epic Cold Wubbox.

"Go away, Bolt! Don't follow me if all you're gonna do is make everything negative!"

"Holly-"

"For the love of Galvana, I hate you! Why does everyone listen to you?!" Holly snapped, giving Bolt a nasty glare before he continues storming off. After about ten seconds of walking angrily, Holly slows down his pace with regret of telling Bolt that right to his face. He doesn't hate him, but now Bolt probably thinks he does after Holly shouted that out of pure panic and anger. Holly thought of turning back to go apologize, but he's too afraid to and he worries that Bolt will shut him out, so he just keeps walking to Plant Island to go check on Aspen.