Chapter Thirteen : A Queen Gone Mad

Laizard braces for a rough landing after she got hit midair by a tree and is now crashing down to Air Island. With correct timing, she lands on her paws and hooves, completely stunned for a moment like a deer in the headlights. After a moment, she recollects herself and stands upright, hearing her knees quietly crack in the process after that rough landing. She lets her thoughts finally come back to her as they sink in. Did she really just do all of that? Burning down Plant Island, hurting Volare... She starts to feel guilt and remorse for what she has done and lowered to her knees, starting to cry silently. She sobs a lot, and she cries for a while.

Why did I do this? Why? What has gotten into me? And I...

A sudden realization comes into play. If she burnt down Plant Island, she might've...

What if I got Aspen hurt? Would Volare and Eldoris ever forgive me? Hell no, they wouldn't. Their siblings matter more to them than I ever could.

Laizard continues to cry from the guilt of what she has done, and she cries for what feels like an hour or less, when suddenly she hears heavy footsteps coming her way. Her ears perk straight up, and she can tell the sound is coming from behind. She quickly turns around, but that isn't enough time to react before she is knocked to the ground after a heavy force hits her in the face. She falls with a pained grunt and struggles to get up. The attacker keeps her pinned, which makes her struggle even more. The body of her attacker feels extremely rough, like metal. Laizard's eyes widened.

Is Volare attacking me?

But her attacker feels way larger than Volare, she could knock him off easily. But instead, she is having a rough time trying to get back up. So no, this can't be Volare; but it is definitely a Wubbox. Who, though?

Laizard can feel her head being pushed further into the dirt by her attacker. She now cannot breathe without inhaling any soil, she has to act fast or else she will suffocate. Laizard kicks her legs up onto the arms of her attacker, forcing them to let go of her from the large impact of her legs. A kick from anything with hooves is a wish for death after the impact, and Laizard took advantage of that. She rolls around to get up and faces her attacker to confront them. The second she lays eyes on them; she was shocked but not entirely surprised.

"Dominion!" She hissed, pinning her ears back.

"... Laizard!" The Epic Earth Wubbox retorts, only snarling louder in anger. Dominion doesn't look like he has any time to talk, as he charges towards Laizard and tries to jab her with his drill. Laizard quickly jumps back and avoids the attack. 

Just that drill alone reminds her of Remnac and his demise. All of the blood, all of the gore, it's all coming back like a typhoon, and she hates that feeling. That feeling alone only adds fuel to the fire of her rage and Laizard seems to take the challenge. She zigzags infront of Dominion, in order to trick him into attacking her from one side so she could move out of the way and attack him from the other side, where he would have his back turned from her. And that's exactly what happens. Dominion strikes at Laizard then misses as she quickly zooms out of the way, giving Laizard the opportunity to pounce from behind, but she doesn't knock him over, he's too heavy and too focused. Dominion roars and grabs Laizard by the tail, throwing her off of him and on to the ground. This hurts her back pretty bad as she winced with pain. She fails to get up before the Epic Earth Wubbox pins her with his foot.

"What is your problem!" Laizard spat, trying to lift Dominion's weight off of her but failing.

"My problem? My problem?! Have you not seen what you have done!" Dominion growled, only adding more pressure to the pinned Kraigon. "You burnt Plant Island to the ground! Hundreds, if not thousands, of monsters have died in that fire! And wanna know the worst part?" Dominion then pauses, as if choking on his own words. Laizard's eyes widen a bit from the visible hesitance coming from the tough Wubbox. "Aspen is DEAD, because of YOU!" He finally finishes his sentence with all emotion he could stir into that tone. "You killed my sister! She didn't deserve to die; she couldn't even say anything to me during her last moments because of how weak she was when we found her! And you killed her for what?! For what! Tell me, Laizard! Tell me! What did Aspen ever do to you?!"

Laizard's eyes widen to as wide as they could stretch. This is one of the major consequences to her actions. She is responsible for Aspen's death because of her anger and carelessness. This realization hits her like a brick and weakens her stance, giving Dominion the upper hand. The Epic Earth Wubbox snaps back to reality from his emotional state and raises up his drill, aiming directly for Laizard. He gives her no time for any last words, no time for anything else he has to say to her, he just goes straight for the hit, as Laizard squints her eyes tightly shut. She's going to die.

In a matter of seconds, Dominion nearly lands a hit on Laizard, when Laizard hears something physically stop Dominion, and he let out a grunt of frustration. Feeling all of that heavy weight being lifted from her, Laizard opens her eyes, only to see Dominion being pushed back by Volare. The Epic Air Wubbox had thrown himself onto his taller brother to keep him away from Laizard; but this only angers Dominion more, as he pushes Volare off of him. Volare is now on the ground, with Dominion towering over him. He picks up Volare by his scarf, causing Volare to dangle in his hold, wanting to be let go. Dominion then tosses Volare to the side, it's like he doesn't care if his own brother got hurt as long as he could get to Laizard.

Seeing Volare get hurt only makes Laizard more enraged, and she targets Dominion from behind unexpectedly. She knocks him to the ground, with her pinning him down. She claws at him and even bites the robot. She doesn't even care if the metal hurts her teeth; she's angry. She manages to wound Dominion pretty badly until Volare gets back up and pushes Laizard away from his younger brother.

"Laizard! No! Stop!" Volare begs, trying to keep Laizard and Dominion separated so they don't escalate the situation further. "No fighting, please! Since when has that solved anything?"

"It got Remnac out of my life, there's that!" Laizard snapped, seemingly trying to size Volare up, as the Epic Air Wubbox steps back timidly.

"Laizard, please... just breathe. Do you even know what you've done?"

"Oh yeah, I do. I very much do! But how would you feel if you lost another loved one, especially your children?! You'd be angry too and wreck everything around you! Wouldn't ya?! Aren't you just as mad as me because Suri died?!"

This seems to poke a nerve in Volare, as the Epic Air Wubbox looks up at Laizard with an angry yet heartbroken look.

"I have, Laizard! I lost my sister tonight! And what's worse? She's dead because of my partner's brutal actions!" He shouts, letting a few loose tears roll past his goggles and down his cheeks.

"I-" Laizard tries to protest, but she immediately gets cut off with Volare opening his mouth to scream directly at her face to silence her.

Laizard rears her head back with her eyes shut tight until Volare had finished raising his voice at her. For a brief moment, she opens her eyes and looks at the Epic Air Wubbox; her expression looks stern yet in disbelief. But without another word, the Kraigon turns around and gallops away before taking off into the sky once more. She's heading for Earth Island for who knows what to do next. She hears Volare calling out for her, but she ignores him and continues flying away. She knows Volare has every right to be angry with her. Her actions have gotten his brother killed. But Laizard can't help but feel spite. She knows it's completely her fault, but she tries to convince herself that it's not.