It's only the beginning

I closed my eyes as I sat with Dustin, Vecna was hurt. I don't know how but I knew it, it felt as if a weight was lifted off of each of my shoulders. But suddenly the weights were replaced with heavier ones as I heard a clock chiming, my eyes grew wide as I realized what that meant. All I could do was hope I was wrong. 4 chimes. I was snapped out of thought as everything started shaking. Dustin looked as confused and scared as I knew he felt, I held onto him tight and rested my head on his shoulder "We're going to be ok." I whispered with a shaky voice "It's ok."

Is this going on at home too? Is mom ok? Is Holly ok? I can almost hear Holly crying as mom holds her on the floor in the front room. I'm scared.

It had felt like forever once the shaking stopped and I pulled away from Dustin to look at him "What do we do now?" I asked quietly "We wait for the others." Dustin whispered as he pulled me back into the hug. We sat and waited for Steve, Robin, and Nancy to get back. I started to think they would never come back until I saw Steve running at us. "Steve?" 

"Dustin! Y/N! Are you ok?" he shouted as he slid on his knees next to us. I glanced over at Eddie's dead body before squeezing my eyes shut 

"You need to get us out of here."

-

It had been two days since we had 'beat' Vecna, I broke my foot, I guess I sprained it enough times it finally broke. I missed Mike more than I'd like to admit, I don't know if I'll ever even see him again. I sighed as I placed a box of clothes and toys in the back of the car. I was trying to keep my mind off the whole situation. So I looked at Dustin and started playing with some of his curls. He smiled and grabbed my hands. 

"Someone order a pizza?" Mom asked causing us all to turn around, the door opened to reveal Mike, Wil, and El in the back while Jonathan and a random guy got out the front. I bit my lip trying to hide the huge smile that appeared on my face at the sight of my brother. We all stood there frozen for a second before Mike ran to mom and El ran to me. I wished Mike hadn't gone to mom first. 

"El, your hair!" I smiled as I let out of the hug. She smiled at me. I looked at Wil before he hugged me tight "How'd the painting go?" I asked with a smirk, he frowned and shook his head "I don't wanna talk about it." I frowned "I'm sorry." he shrugged and looked at my foot in the cast "You finally broke it, huh?" he laughed 

The conversation was cut off by Mike launching himself at me, I laughed as I hugged him back "Hey, easy man, I'm crippled!" I laughed "You finally broke it!" He laughed back as he let go of me

"Where's Lucas?" Wil asked, I looked at Dustin sadly as he handed me my crutches. "He's at the hospital." Dustin frowned. "Is he hurt?" El asked. I shook my head "No. No, he's..Oh God." I mumbled as I looked at the ground "You don't know." Dustin put his hands on his hips.

-

Me and Dustin hobbled into the school together, him carrying a box while I joke about how I got to pull the "broken foot card" and carry nothing. I leaned my crutches on the wall and grabbed a tray of water. If I was being totally honest I didn't need crutches as much as my mom acted like I did, I could still walk but the crutches made it easier. Me and Dustin walked around giving out water until Dustin stopped walking in front of me. "What is it Dust?" I asked before looking in the direction he was. I saw Eddie's uncle replacing a ruined missing persons poster of Eddie. We sat the trays of water down on a nearby table and made our way over.  "Mr. Munson?" Dustin called from behind him 

"I'm Dustin Henderson, this is Y/N Wheeler. Can we talk?" He asked "I can't imagine we got anything to talk about. My nephew is innocent. He's still missing." those last three words broke my heart, we have to tell this poor man his beloved nephew is dead and that we watched it happen. Mr. Munson started to walk away and Dustin looked lost, I turned around quickly.  "We were with him." This made him stop in his tracks "We were with him when the earthquake hit." I repeated. he turned to look at me and Dustin, he knew where this was going I could see it in his eyes. 

"Where is Eddie now?" He asked as he looked to the ground. Dustin began crying as he pulled out Eddie's necklace from his pocket "I'm so sorry." He said as he held out the necklace. Mr. Munson took it as tears filled his eyes, he sat on a close by cott with Dustin following. I stood close by as my eyes welled up with tears "I wish everyone had gotten to know him." Dustin started "Really know him. Because they would've loved him, Mr. Munson. They would've loved him. Even in the end.. he never stopped being Eddie. Despite everything. I never even saw him get mad. He could've run. He could've saved himself. But he fought. He fought and died to protect this town. This town that..hated him. He isn't just innocent, Mr. Munson, he's, he's a hero." I hadn't known Dustin could talk like that, he had Mr. Munson in tears, he was sobbing.

After a few minutes I looked at Dustin, he kept his gaze on the ground, trying not to cry. I put my hand on his back and rubbed in circles. I knew I was allowed to cry about losing Eddie but now wasn't the time, not while Mr. Munson was around. I felt like me and Dustin losing Eddie was nothing to his uncle losing him. While I thought I caught a glance out the window to see something falling from the sky, it looked like snow but it couldn't have been."Dust, what's that?" I said causing him to look out the window. I dragged him outside apologizing to Mr. Munson as we left. 

I looked up at the sky as I held Dustin's hand, it was ash falling "Dust, this has to do something with him. I can feel it. He's hurt, like badly hurt. But he's not dead, this fight isn't over." I felt Steve grab my shoulder as I spoke "We have to kill him." I stated "We will. I promise we will." Dustin said as he rubbed circles on my hand with his thumb. I began walking towards an empty field next to the school dragging Dustin, Steve, and Robin with me, I watched as the beautiful green grass and yellow flowers were turning gray, dying, right in front of us. It slowly spread up the field killing all of it. This gray color is going to spread to all the grass and trees and flowers. I looked up to see a huge dark gray cloud touching the ground far away with red lighting striking inside.

- I know you guys only get this last chapter on here until the next season comes soooooooooooooooooooooooo I'm going to make small chapters about cute little dates or things like that until the season drops! After I'm able to start actually writing again I'll have a section at the end of the book with all the little chapters. I hope you guys enjoyed reading this and I'm very sorry I had to take that long long break. At least it's summer now and I can update whenever I feel like it. :D Love you guys!!-