XI

𝟏𝟏

𝟏𝟏. combat 𝐃𝐄𝐅𝐓𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒
𝐍𝐄𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐘 bnha (𝟏𝟖+)

Katsuki gives up ignoring you as he realizes the futility of his insecurity and the potential in embracing the strength of his rival. Deep down, he acknowledges that his initial avoidance of you, deep down, was driven by a mixture of lust and attraction. Your unwavering confidence and fearlessness were undeniably captivating to him, stoking a desire for a thrilling confrontation. The thought of facing off against someone of your caliber exhilarated him, recognizing that you provide him with the ultimate challenge and a chance to prove himself.

As you stand there, feeling isolated and rejected, the weight of your worth becoming a barrier to finding a team, Mina offers her support, but her uncertainty is palpable. "You don't have to team with me, don't worry." You sigh, fake smiling to make it seem genuine.

Mina wraps her arm around you. "I don't want to leave you hanging."

Sensing their hesitation, you reassure her, a tinge of disappointment in your voice. "It's alright, Mina. I don't want to hold you back or make you feel obligated. Find teammates who feel more confident about teaming up."

Mina, however, remains steadfast, refusing to abandon you. "No way! I'm not leaving your side, Y/n. We're a team, remember?" Just as you resign yourself to the possibility of going solo, Katsuki strides towards you, his grip firm on your arm. Kirishima stands beside him, eager to be part of their team.

"You don't have a choice, Y/n. You're on our team."

Kirishima, who decided himself that he and Katsuki would be a team, stood by his side. "Yeah! I wanted to join forces with you guys!"

Relief washes over you, grateful that you finally have a team to compete with. Katsuki still gripping your arm, continues staring, awaiting your facial expression. "Thank you, Katsuki. And Kirishima, we'd love to." Mina eagerly joins you, her smile radiating with excitement.

As the discussion unfolded, a proposal was put forth that you should assume the role of the rider due to your blindfolded state. However, you confidently contested this suggestion, drawing upon your extensive training and combat expertise conducted while blindfolded. "Having undergone rigorous training while relying solely on my heightened senses and acute hearing, I believe I am better suited to be positioned on one side of our team. Similarly, Mina would be positioned on the opposite side. Together, we have the option to effectively corrode the floors in front of us, thwarting any potential side attacks from our opponents."