XII

𝟏𝟐

𝟏𝟐. temperer 𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐋
𝐍𝐄𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐘 bnha (𝟏𝟖+)

The crowd's roar becomes a mere blur, a background drop, your breaths the only thing you can hear. "And now for the first battle, Class 1As star L/n Y/n against-" Midnight calls, The cheering crowd now suddenly blurring back into being audible. Finally stepping onto the arena floor, the bright sun blinds you, lifting your arm up to cover your eyes, you stand there in the center of attention. "Shinso Hitoshi from Class 1B." Your eyes dart to a mop of purple hair adorning the figure of a sleepy boy.  As you are both near each other, you notice the look of arrogance in his eyes. 

You slide your foot back, readying yourself for whatever combat his quirk threw at you. The palms of your hands started warming, preparing for combat. The boy remained still, a smirk now resting on his slum face. "Readying yourself to kick back and relax and let your quirk do all the work for you?" He sneered, a condescending smirk adorning his face. "Face it, you're useless without your quirk."

Frustration grumbled inside you as furrowed your eyebrows. If only he knew how strong you are, how agile, how fast, how quick-reflexed you are. Your combat skills could destroy him right now. "Yeah, well I'll fucking beat you in combat without using my quirk at all, shall I?!-" Instantly you felt your body convulse and shake violently but in fact, you were actually still. The convulsing turned into a numbing pain. You quickly went to grab yourself and snap yourself out of this odd feeling when you realized you couldn't move; you were paralysed. His eyes glow an arrogant purple, smirking as if he had already won. He used his quirk to now mind control you.

"Now," his raspy voice taunted, "this is all too easy. Walk off the stage for me, won't you, Y/n?" The crowd fell into stunned silence, perplexed by the unfolding events. 

As if in a trance, you felt like a puppet controlled by invisible strings, your body gradually turning towards the edge of the arena. 

A wave of confusion swept through the spectators. "Hitoshi Shinso from Class B possesses the power to manipulate minds after engaging in conversation," President Mic's voice boomed, providing commentary for the bewildered audience. 

Deep within you, a battle raged, refusing to succumb to such an easy defeat, to such humiliation. But as you neared the precipice, you recognized that physical strength alone couldn't free you from the puppeteer's hold. The once-loud commentator and crowd faded into a mere backdrop of silence, leaving you with the realization that your mind was the only weapon left to save yourself.