XV

𝟏𝟓

𝟏𝟓. varsity hearts 𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐋
𝐍𝐄𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐘 bnha (𝟏𝟖+)

As the gentle breeze caressed my cold face, I found solace in the tranquility of the moment. The soft rustle of leaves and the warm glow of the sun painting the field in hues of gold and green created a serene atmosphere. I sat there, holding a can of soda in my hand, savoring the peace that enveloped me.

"So, how have you been holding up?" Shinso's tired voice spoke, taking coffee to his lips for a sip while he intently watched you for your reaction.  It had been a week since the incident at the bar with Dabi. 

1 WEEK AGO - AFTER THE INCIDENT

As you walked home that night, you unexpectedly crossed paths with Shinso. His heart sank at the sight of you. He didn't recognize you at first; dressed in revealing work clothes, seemingly lost and intoxicated, he couldn't understand how someone so young was so broken, but when he noticed it was you he was shocked. The contrast between the star of UA, the perfect and popular student, and the vulnerable person before him was shocking. Driven by the kindness you had shown him after the sports festival, he couldn't ignore your plight.

When your eyes met, a flood of emotions overwhelmed you. You wanted to run and hide but you were completely frozen. In that moment you felt immense guilt and embarrassment as you just still, hair unruly, smudged makeup and barely able to keep your balance. "Fuck" you finally muttered. "He better not have noticed me." You wanted to turn, keep walking, hope he'd forget but you were completely frozen and as was he, now standing within arms reach, just looking at you in shock. 

"Y/n?" His soft and uncertain voice spoke. It was hours past midnight and Shinso went for his usual insomiac night jog. The sky was black, only street lamps illuminating the desolate path. "Y/n?" He asked again, louder, as if you couldn't hear him the first time.

Your lip quivered in embarrassment as you stood there, tugging at your tiny skirt. Out of nowhere, like a miracle, tears flowed freely for the first time in years. 

The shock on the lavender-haired boys face grew wider. The strongest girl, no, person, he had ever met aside All Might, stood before him and sobbed in defeat. His heart twinged. Shinso knew he couldn't continue to just stand there and stare at you while you cried into your hands, yet he wasn't a very empathetic guy and didn't know how to comfort people. As if on instinct, Shinso softly grabbed your hand in his and led you to the nearby park bench. You followed him, unable to hold back an ugly cry.