15

"Maksim."

He tore his eyes from the entrance and looked at the woman kneeling before him.

She was smart and pretty. Her hair was auburn with lighter streaks running through it. It reached her waist and was parted down the middle. Her eyes were light brown, and her cheekbones high. She wasn't perfect, though. She was too tall and fair-skinned. Raelynn was shorter and tanner.

"You're not hard again," she told him.

How many times had they tried this? How many times did he call in this fake Raelynn to try to forget the original one? His cock wouldn't be fooled, though. It wanted Raelynn. The real one.

"Get up," he told her.

She adjusted his pants and stood. With pursed lips, she said, "is it me?"

"No."

"Erectile disfunction, then? I could look into doctors for you."

He laughed. He knew his cock was healthy– physically at least. It was his head that was fucked up. He could fist himself and come to the memories of swimming through Raelynn's tight little cunt, but he couldn't come for another woman.

"Go to work. Send someone to fix the door." With that dismissal, he reached for his phone to call Viktor.

The phone rang for a long minute. He thought of Raelynn's hurt expression and how she ran out, looking ready to throw up. Instead of feeling satisfied with his revenge, he felt bitter.

"Maksim," Viktor finally answered the phone.

"What the fuck are you doing?" His roar was so loud that he was sure they heard him in the lobby.

"You found out about the girl?"

"Why did you send her after me? What are you planning?"

"She said she would fix you. Since you returned to us, you have been more machine than man; all about numbers and using alcohol as fuel. I thought she would be worth a shot."

"Spare me the philatrophic bullshit," Maksim interjected. "You are in no fucking position to meddle with my life."

"You're an asshole, Maksim, but I don't want you to waste away. I did what was best for you."

"The same way you did the best thing for Demyan? Like that?"

"How many times will we discuss that? I was a boy!" Viktor snarled.

"Do you feel that rage? That festering, invasive and draining parasite? That is what I felt when I found out what you did to Demyan, what I felt when I left Russia, what I feel now. I hate you more than I hate that rage. I hate that you look like me, and you bleed like me. I hate that we have a bond I can't fucking escape. You want to do what's the best for me? Then crawl into a hole and die. You can bring her with you. Just stay out of my way."

Viktor was silent for a long time. Maksim's declaration of hatred was enough to make a grown man cry, but the men in his family only fed on hatred. That's why Maksim wasn't surprised when Viktor chuckled. It was typical of him. It's how his darkness manifested itself.

"If only you knew."

"Knew what?" Maksim snarled. "That you're screwing my leftovers?"

"Leftovers... I love how plural that word is."

"What the fuck are you talking about, you insane son of a bitch?"

"I am the insane one? Have you looked in the mirror? Have you seen what you did to your chest? Have you noticed your spiraling alcoholism? You need to talk to this girl– communicate. Isn't that what a shrink would recommend? I don't know. Talk to her, or put a bullet in your head already. You're becoming insufferable."