21

Once Maksim was satisfied with his work, he rinsed her with soap twice. He thoroughly made sure she was clean, while being gentle around her cut.

When the water became cold, he stood up and blocked it with his bare back. His hands found her hips and secured her against him. Although there was nothing sexy about the pubic hair that was still flowing down the drain, he was erect. His cock was arced upwards, poking her belly. The fleshy cause and effect was almost comical.

"Do you need help to get out?" he asked. His voice was husky– maybe because he was choking on emotion, maybe because he was in pain.

"No."

He ignored her words and bent down to pick her up. She didn't understand why he asked in the first place if he was just going to do what he wanted.

"Please don't carry me," she requested, palming his heavily inked shoulder for balance.

"It is slippery in the tub."

"I'm fine."

"I insist."

"I just..." she blew a breath. "I need space."

"You had enough of that. You need help," he argued.

"I'm not an invalid."

"Well, at least not physically," he chided. "Why would you hide this and live unprotected where anything could–" he cut himself off. With flared nostrils, he carried her to bed. "We will talk about this after you see a physician. I don't want to worsen your blood pressure."

"I will give you your answers, Maksim. But I will not let you insult me or treat me like a child. I may be carrying one, but that doesn't make me one."

He laughed, his Adam's apple bobbing. "You kept me from my baby for months, and now you're telling me I can't look after it? That's not how this is going to work. I'm taking charge, beginning now. We're going to the physician tonight, and that is that."

If he was this possessive when he thought there was one fetus, he would lock her up when he found out there were two.

Long puddles trailed out of the bathroom when he walked out and set her on the bed. He ignored his dripping pants, instead dried her wet hair and pulled another towel over her shoulders.

"Doctor appointments? Fine. But I'm going back to my regular life. I want to go back to my job and finish the DC presentation."

The declaration made tendons appear on his neck as an inner war raged. He wanted to raise his voice, but didn't want to distress her. "Absolutely not. You're going on maternity leave."

"It's still early for maternity leave."

Maksim ran a hand through his hair, and his body seemed to buff with muscle. It was a telltale sign that he wanted to throw her against a wall and fuck her until she was so high off dopamine she forgot her argument. That's how fighting used to work between them. Now that she was pregnant, angry sex wasn't an option.

He pulled out a black t-shirt and dropped it on her bare lap. She stared at the cloth, frustrated. The shirt was ironed and crisp; very different from the ripped t-shirts he used to wear. The distinction made her even more irritated.

The sound of wet fabric flopping made her look at Maksim. He was naked, hard dick swinging as he kicked the wet clothes aside.

"Can you cover up?" she looked away.

"You're already knocked up, Raelynn. You've seen, sucked, and orgasmed on my cock plenty of times, so there's no need to be shy now." He went into the closet and pulled on new clothes.