26

When Maksim came out of the bathroom, he dropped his towel and crawled onto the bed. It seemed like he didn't care for clothes. She was stiff as his naked body wrapped around hers, but didn't fight him when he collected her against his chest.

Minutes ticked by. She wanted to ask how things went in Texas, but was too angry to offer conversation.

"My men told me you're close with some Daniel guy," he announced, his hand slipping under her oversized shirt to caress the bare skin of her bump.

"Daniel? Yeah, what about him?"

"I need you to be careful. Does he have an accent? Italian? Mexican?"

"What? No. Why does that matter? Daniel is not suspicious and wouldn't hurt anyone."

"He has no reason to be touching you. That baby is not his, and you're a person of interest since you're connected to me." As he said those words, his hold tightened.

"Fine."

"You're angry at me," he pointed out.

"What did you expect? You won't talk to me."

He didn't reply to that, which only reinforced her accusation.

What would happen when the babies arrived? Would she be allowed in their life? Would she have to fall asleep every night, wondering if the next day, she'd have to explain to four-year-olds that their father was not going to come home because he got killed by an enemy mafia?

She didn't know, and she wouldn't find out anytime soon because Maksim refused to address the future.

She fell asleep with a frown on her face. She got up to pee once during the night, and refused Maksim's offer to help. The morning was awkward. They exchanged groggy 'good mornings,' had a quick breakfast, and then went to work in their respective cars.

Work felt more lonely than usual now that she didn't have Shonna, but at least the boys were shifting a lot and reminding her that she wasn't alone.

She had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch, because the bipolar fetuses apparently stopped blacklisting peanut butter. After her snack, she went in search of Viktor. Getting past his secretary was awkward. She had no valid excuse to see him, so she just called out his name and hoped that was enough to draw him outside.

"You should''t be here," was the first thing he said when he closed the door behind her.

"I know. I just felt really guilty about what Maksim did to your..." she gestured to his beaten face.

"It was no surprise," Viktor shrugged. "Maksim best expresses himself through his hands. When he's upset, he swings."

And when he's happy, he'll fondle, smack, and finger-fuck.

She shoved that hormonal thought away.

"Are you okay? Is there anything I can do?"

Viktor raised an eyebrow. "You can stay away. I don't know if you noticed, but Maksim is of the jealous sorts."

"Right. Well, I'm sorry. I should go."

"Yes, you should." He dismissed her with a flick of his hand.

The rest of the day was uneventful. The car picked her up at five pm, and she was back to dancing around Maksim at six pm. He didn't seem too eager to talk with her. For hours, he worked on his laptop.

Feeling rebellious, she cranked the music on her cellphone all the way up. Russian music blared for the twins. After a few minutes, Maksim lowered his computer screen.

"About yesterday..."

She paused the audio. "Yeah? Did you want to answer my questions?"

"No. I wanted to know if you figured out what you'll tell this Daniel guy. I told you I don't want him touching you."

Instead of answering him, she picked up the dictionary on the nightstand and flipped through its pages. She read some Russian words out loud. Lately, she had been trying to learn the language.

"Raelynn. I asked you a question."

She flipped the page.

"Raelynn..."

She read a few more random words, paying him no mind.

Through gritted teeth, Maksim asked, "What are you doing?"

She didn't care about his anger. What could he do, shoot her?

"I'm teaching the bump Russian, so only interrupt me if you want to talk about yesterday."

"I'm running out of patience here, Raelynn. You know what happens when I snap." He raised his voice, so she raised hers too as she read off the dictionary.

"You want to teach him Russian?" Maksim snarled. He sat up and tossed his laptop at the nightstand. He moved so fast that Raelynn was startled. One second he was next to her. The next he was between her thighs, pulling her pajamas down to her ankles and biting her inner thigh,

Something between Russian and English pieced out of her once his mouth found her neglected clit.

"You want to teach him Russian?" Maksim repeated, his voice muffled by the amount of her flesh he held between his lips. "How about this? твоя мама сводит меня с ума." (Your mother drives me crazy)

His tongue found her entrance and savagely plugged her. Raelynn couldn't see his expression under her huge bump, but she was sure that he looked fierce.

"я никогда тебя не отпущу," Maksim continued, tracing the sides of her clit with his tongue before pressing down on it. (I will never let you go)

"вы двое принадлежите мне. Is that enough Russian for you, Raelynn?" (you two belong to me)

She whimpered, but the sound became chocked when he ate her out with newfound ferocity. She writhed on the sheets until Maksim pinned her down by the hips and allowed no escape from his mouth.

"прекрасный." (Beautiful)

He reached up to cup her swollen breasts. His heavy palms on her sensitive nipples made thighs lock around his head. She came so hard she arced her back, and she vaguely noticed Maksim support her weight to protect her from her own passion.

When her orgasm was done rippling up her toes, penetrating her core, swirling in her belly and piercing her lungs, her thighs gave out.

Maksim pulled her pajama bottoms back up and tugged the dictionary she was clutching from her hands. He turned the lights off and held her.

Losing touch of reality, Raelynn stared at the darkness and tried to make sense of what just happened. The answer was simple, but it made little sense.

She took pleasure from the man that put these twins into her. Came on his tongue, although he had no idea that the bump inches from his nose contained not one little Maksim, but two.

What did all of this mean? If he wanted her sexually, did that mean he still wanted her romantically as well? Would he leave the mafia to be with them? Why wouldn't he talk to her?

She swallowed. Her throat was dry while her pussy was wet with Maksim's saliva.

Nerve-wrecked, guilty, and confused, she pulled the sheets up to her chest, and tried to make sense of their mess.