24

Raelynn was annoyed that he crossed her boundaries, but not surprised. Maksim had always been intrusive when it came to flesh. If he wanted her to come on his cock, he'd have that. If he wanted to suck on her nipples, he'd have that. If he wanted to do both at the same time, he'd have that, too.

The idea of her carrying his baby only further blurred the line between them.

She washed her hands and checked her skirt for any signs of wetness. With a final irritated glare at the toilet, she walked to the bedroom and laid on the far end.

"Raelynn, don't make me get you, because I guarantee that you will not like it."

She cursed him in Russian, making him raise an eyebrow.

"I will not repeat myself."

She crawled to him, and he curled around her.

"I hope you hid your damn gun well, because I'm lighting you up if I find it."

He chuckled lazily, but didn't reply.

It was hard to find sleep. Usually it was because a shifting of the twins kept her up. They were suspiciously calm, though, as if sated. She was afraid Maksim was their latest ice cream obsession.

She couldn't sleep because Maksim's hand was under her belly. It was in an innocent position, but her hormonal brain couldn't help but point out that it was just inches from her vagina.

She tossed and turned a few times, but Maksim didn't seem to care. Eventually, she fell asleep.

The sound ringing woke her up. Apparently, her stomach didn't like it. Vomit surged up her throat, and she barely got to tip her head off the bed to gag. Thankfully, it was a false alarm. Maksim didn't seem to understand that. He gripped her by one arm and phoned an ambulance with the other.

Raelynn swatted up to grab the phone and cancel the call.

"What are you doing?" Maksim snarled.

"What am I going to do with you, Maksim? I'm fine. It's just morning sickness," She hung up the phone and tugged his hand off her arm.

"I need to shower." She was sure that she looked disgusting with her morning breath, ratty hair, bushy eyebrows, and crumpled shirt.

She swung her legs off the bed and walked to the bathroom.

"What's wrong with your legs?"

"What are you talking about?"

"You're walking oddly."

"Let me waddle in peace."

She took a shower and rummaged through his cabinets to find a toothbrush. Seeing no other towel, she used his. Although she was enormous with her pregnancy, Maksim's towel nearly made her disappear. She had to wrap it around twice.

When she came out, Maksim was already dressed. His hair was damp, so she figured he showered in the guest bedroom.

Raelynn dug through the boxes in search of her scarves, and he watched her pull out the ingredients for her disguise like a hawk.

She changed in his walk-in closet and came out looking out like a different woman.

Maksim's expression hardened. Did he want to scream at her for the deceit? Was he holding back because he didn't want to stress her out?

"Let's go. We're going to the OBGYN after work."

Shit.

She was hoping he forgot about that. Thankfully, she had a valid excuse. "I can't. I have therapy today."