Scene 3 - An Intruder Is All I Need

We cut to the main computer of AIOC. Its lights flash to the Custodian alerting him of the situation as the Custodian addresses his men.

AIOC:

UNIDENTIFIED LIFE SIGN BESIDE FACTORY UNIT! PROCEEDING ALONG TO ACCOMMODATION AREA!

Custodian:

Has there been an airlock breach, AIOC?

AIOC:

NEGATIVE! LIFE SIGN WAS REGISTERED BESIDE FACTORY UNIT! NO RECOGNITION HAS BEEN MADE OF THEIR WHEREABOUTS NOR THEIR IDENTIFICATION!

Lieutenant Garven:

It must be wrong. No one could get in without breaching into the moonbase.

Custodian:

Display visual image of the intruder.

An image is depicted on the screen for the Custodian showing the Doctor wandering through Omicron 4.

Lieutenant Nye:

It's a saboteur, do you think, sir?

Custodian:

A very unconventional one. I want him here. Detained. Find out who he is. For now, the rest of us, we maintain at our normal posts. Lieutenant Zenfev, Lieutenant Cassain.

Lieutenant Zenfev/Cassain:

Yes, sir.

Custodian:

You will apprehend the arrival. Bring him here for questioning. He is still beside the factory unit. The computer will relay his course if he moves beyond the confines of the sector.

Lieutenant Garven:

The computer must identify this alien. What is his biology? What may he bring aboard the moonbase?

Custodian:

Then if you must gentlemen, kill it if necessary.

Lieutenant Bell:

What I find even stranger about it is that AIOC cannot simulate who or what it is. Artificial intelligence can distinguish a subject judging by its brain patterns. Simulating like energy. Tiny electrodes.

Lieutenant Richardson:

Exactly how we function. Electronic impulses. Detected from the ceiling from the activity of brainwaves.

Custodian:

An intruder is all we need in the complex as the Space Commander is on his way. He will want to see us running Omicron 4 like clockwork. Apprehend him. And return to your posts.

We see the Doctor continuing to roam quietly through a large corridor with more technical equipment stored along the sides of it. The Doctor continues forward. This then transitions to the view of the Mare Tranquillitis. We see the basin for a few shots, before the Lunar Carriage drives along getting closer towards it. Jacques and Sortes Mandez slow down their transporter as they begin to reach the basin.

Lieutenant Jacques:

Omicron 4 from Lunar Carriage 2. We have located the Mare basin. Commencing survey scan any moment now.

The Lunar Carriage arrives at the side of the basin. The machine powers down, and Jacques and Sortes Mandez prepare their equipment to leave with.

Lieutenant Sortes Mandez:

Our first landing takes us to the Sinus Honoris. Our survey will be explicitly analysing deposits of basalt found present in the Mare Treanquillitis.

We see a wide mouth and uneven terrain at the Mare Tranquillitis. The Lunar Carriage looks over the site. Jacques and Sortes Mandez adjust their space helmets onto each other. Their detectors, diggers, and other equipment are prepared. An airlock for the inner rear seals up.

Lieutenant Jacques:

Adjust gravity. Open external doors.

We see the gravity lessen in the craft, and the entrance onto the lunar surface opens. Jacques and Sortes Mandez begin their spacewalk outside the craft. The camera shows two small figures emerge from the back of the Lunar Carriage, slowly descending along the moon. The doors slide back, closing the craft up. Jacques and Sortes Mandez slowly spacewalk to the basin.

Lieutenant Sortes Mandez:

Amazing.

As the pair continue on their slow descent, we see something pulsating in a small part of the basin. A strange, purply colour flashes slowly deep beneath the crust of the moon...