Scene 11 - AOIC

The Xherkrans continue to smother around the domes of Omicron 4. The gravity of the moon forces their movements to be slow and controlled. Their pincers dig within the complex, trying to infiltrate and drain the energy within the complex. The terrible banging and crashing continue along the main central dome. The Custodian and Garven stand ready to defend.

Custodian:

Lieutenant Garven.

Lieutenant Garven:

Sir?

Custodian:

If we don't get out of this. I just wanted to say, thank you. Thank you for your commitment and dedication to the program.

Lieutenant Garven:

You're welcome, sir. All done for what we believe in.

Custodian:

AIOC. Designate any organic or non-organic life elements on the moon as life signs.

AIOC:

INVALID COMMAND!

Custodian:

The beings outside the dome. Register it as a life form. Register all of them.

AIOC:

INVALID COMMAND!

Custodian:

We're not getting through to it. We're simply not getting through to it. Its function cannot be altered. How can we now get it to understand what we want it to?

The Xkerkrans begin to swarm around a corridor leading along the moonbase, interconnecting up the complex. The Doctor and the others stay close. They hear the banging around the perimeter of the moonbase. The creatures' pincers try to drill through into the base.

Lieutenant Cassain:

They can't get in, can they?

The party stop by a t-junction, and hear the creatures trying to get in.

Doctor:

Spacesuits.

Alaric:

Wait. If you said that they wish to consume us intact, then their best option will be to breach the airlock.

They all turn to each other.

Lieutenant Cassain:

AIOC will report an arrival into Omicron. Unless...

Doctor:

Unless what enters isn't reported in.

Mirari investigates the T-junction where more banging is heard. A larger dent is made and she inspects it.

Alaric:

That will be our first defence. Assuming that is their tactic. Report this to the Custodian.

Lieutenant Mirari:

Why don't we check this out? Look.

She turns about and sees that a sealed door has cut her off from her friends. Mirari goes to the sealed door and tries to get it open.

Guys? Guys, are you there?

The banging comes more and more frequent. The Xherkrans continue trying to break in. Mirari quickly tries to open the door and communicate with AIOC.

AIOC. AIOC. Open this door. AIOC!

AIOC:

INVALID COMMAND! INVALID COMMAND!

The banging worsens. Mirari uses her radio to try and communicate with the others.

Lieutenant Mirari:

Custodian! I am trapped. AIOC isn't letting me go. They're almost in. Hello? Somebody! AIOC! My communicator! It's not working!

CRASH! BANG! The hull is being broken.

AIOC:

COMMUNICATION STRENGTH EXCELLENT! REPORT NO FAULT IN TRANSMISSION RECEIVER!

BANG! BANG! CRASH! Mirari panics as the hull is about to be broken!

Lieutenant Mirari:

AIOC! Open this door! OPEN THIS DOOR! OPEN THIS DOOR!

CRASH! KABOOM! We see the AIOC logo as we hear a huge gust of wind explode, sucking oxygen out from the corridor, killing Mirari. The breach is felt from around the complex. An unstable shaking fills the entire Omicron complex like part of the complex blows away from the rest of the moonbase.

Custodian:

What is that?

AIOC:

SYSTEMS RUNNING SATISFACTORILY! ALL LIFE SIGNS ARE ACCOUNTED FOR!

Custodian:

What? It can't be.

We see the Doctor and his friends, close to where the explosion was, stagger about and recover from the incident. Alaric's personal radio turns on. The Custodian's voice is heard over the Space Commander's radio.

Doctor:

You alright?

Lieutenant Zenfev:

No bones broken.

Alaric:

Custodian. Are you alright?

Custodian:

We are. That sounded like a breach. AIOC said there was nothing wrong.

Lieutenant Cassain:

W-where's Mirari?

Doctor:

I haven't seen her since that...

They all stop.

Find her. Whatever you do, find her!

They quickly hurry back in the other direction to search for Mirari. The party then return back to the T-junction and find it sealed off.

Lieutenant Zenfev:

I don't remember this.

Alaric:

AIOC. When did this door close?

AIOC:

THIS ENTRANCE WAS NOT SEALED!

Alaric:

What is on the other side of it? Was there a breach of air?

AIOC:

NEGATIVE!

Alaric:

Can we go in?

AIOC:

PRESSURE AND ATMOSPHERE SUSTAINABLE FOR ENTRANCE! OPENING!

The door opens, and the Lieutenants aim their guns out in front of them, prepared to strike. They see a patch put up together of scrap metal on the right hand side of the passage. This was made by the invaders from the outside, having closed up their entrance. The Doctor and the others carefully enter.

Lieutenant Zenfev:

I don't remember that.

They cautiously proceed further. Some of the scrap metal slides, and out reveals the scorched, burnt-up body of Mirari – drained of all life and sustenance by the Xherkrans. Each and every one of them stares at the carcass. Alaric holds his radio.

Alaric:

Custodian. They've taken Mirari. They're in alright.

We then are left to see the body of the deceased and then we zoom in on the logo of AIOC, which killed Mirari...