Scene 10 - Unidentified

Indeed, the Xherkrans were on their way to Omicron 4. We see them float their way to the moonbase, which they see on the horizon. They continue on their way to surround Omicron 4. This the cuts back into the interior of the complex.

Doctor:

To know what we're dealing with, we must understand as much as possible the energy being displaced by the Xherkrans.

Lieutenant Garven:

You mean to say that we disrupt the energy in the basin, and we can destroy the Xherkrans?

Doctor:

Not necessarily. It was just an idea.

We see the Xherkrans begin to close in around the domes of Omicron 4.

Alaric:

It would be incredibly dangerous to return back to the basin. Can't we find some other way of extracting the energy?

Doctor:

Could do. But that won't be easy either. The Xherkrans will continue to multiply and strengthen as we speak. Rather like fighting a virus which already has immunity against your prescription.

Lieutenant Zenfev:

You should know that as a Doctor.

Custodian:

So we can't seal the energy back down on the lunar surface.

Doctor:

Not now that it has grown into a far stronger energy force.

We hear cracks and movement coming from outside Omicron 4.

Lieutenant Mirari:

What is that?

Custodian:

AIOC!

AIOC:

OMICRON SYSTEMS RUNNING SATISFACTORILY WITHOUT INTERRUPTION!

Custodian:

What were those noises, AIOC. Answer me.

We hear more of them. The Xherkrans were attempting to break in by feeling around the domes of the moonbase. It frightens the personnel aboard. The Custodian rises to his feet from his desk.

AIOC! I gave you a direct order. You are programmed to obey.

AIOC:

THERE IS NO NOISE! OMICRON SYSTEMS RUNNING SATISFACTORILY WITHOUT INTERRUPTION!

Lieutenant Zenfev:

They're here, aren't they? Peeling around us. Hunting for us.

Lieutenant Cassain:

We can't identify any of them. AIOC cannot register them as any life form.

The thumping around the moonbase dome continues.

Lieutenant Mirari:

Then how can we find them?

Doctor:

We take a look for ourselves.

Custodian:

We all stick together. Should any of us be separated, we won't be able to defend ourselves from those creatures.

Lieutenant Garven:

Will they breach the airlock?

Custodian:

Who knows. But they know we are here. And what they want.

The movement around the domes continues. The walls are being pushed inward by the aliens.

Lieutenant Mirari:

AIOC, how can you not get what's happening?

Alaric:

These things are intelligent. They are cunning.

Doctor:

And therefore would prefer to find their meat fresh.

The thumping around the dome continues, and more walls are indented in.

Custodian:

We can't stand around here looking at each other. Find them.

Lieutenant Zenfev:

But our guns are useless against them.

Custodian:

Just find them!

Lieutenant Garven holds a weapon in his hand to defend himself and the Custodian in the main control room together. The Doctor and the others go out hunting for the predators outside.

Alaric:

I will help the search. Your duty is here, Custodian. See if you can find a way of programming AIOC to register these beings.

The door closes. The Lieutenants arm themselves with guns. The banging continues around the protective dome. We see the Xherkrans begin to make their invasion around the domes of Omicron, feeling along them and finding a way to break in. The Doctor, the Space Commander, and the other Lieutenants with armed guns patrol the corridors.

Doctor:

Stick together. What we may be looking for is a breach in the domes. Then we really know they're aboard.

The group carefully continue forward...