Scene 6 - Second Arrival

We cut to see the third Lunar Carriage continuing its journey along the moon with the determined Bell and Richardson inside. The craft continues running along the surface of the planet. This then cuts back to the exterior of Omicron 4 and to the interior of the moonbase.

AIOC:

LUNAR CARRIAGE THREE ARRIVING AT MARE TRANQUILLITIS!

We see Lunar Carriage Three drive up to the basin, parking close beside Lunar Carriage Two. The camera views the sight of the basin from the craft's window.

Lieutenant Bell:

Lunar Carriage Three to Omicron, we will keep in constant communications and report our findings as we go. So far there is no sign of Jacques or Sortes Mandez.

We see the back of the craft open, and the two astronauts depart from their craft. They first begin to spacewalk along the surface of the moon. This cuts back to the Omicron control centre. The voices of Bell and Richardson are heard on the radio.

Doctor:

If I were you, I would stand by with more men. You keep sending search party after search party and they keep disappearing, you won't have a society on the moon left.

Alaric:

We may not know what your men may find out on the surface.

Doctor:

If you think you know everything there is about your moon, or space travel come to think of it, then I'm afraid that you are distinctly wrong.

Lieutenant Cassain:

What's gotten into you?

Doctor:

I don't know. I sense danger when I can feel it.

The Doctor leans towards the radio.

Take care men.

We see the astronauts proceed along the basin. Bell sees the hole in the basin.

Lieutenant Richarson:

There is nothing about their carriage. Not a trace of them.

Lieutenant Bell:

Come and take a look at this.

They go to investigate and shine a light down it.

Lieutenant Richardson:

We have discovered a penetrated hole through the basin. We can see something down inside it, but we can't quite make it out.

Their torches show spacesuits, ripped and skeletal husks inside. These were the markings of Jacques and Sortes Mandez on them! The camera shows behind the two men a shadowy figure, waving its thin arms, slowly creeping up towards them.

Lieutenant Bell:

Oh no! Omicron. There's been an accident.

We cut back to the Omicron station.

We have found them. But they've... Custodian. Jacques and Sortes are dead. Their suits have been stripped. All we can see in the hole below... AAAARRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

The crew of Omicron turn to each other with shock and fear. We hear the sound of Richardson shooting at something before he starts screaming as well. Their mics break down and the members of the Omicron base react to the sound of their friends' death.

Custodian:

Bell! Richardson! What has happened?

AIOC:

TRANSMISSION HAS CEASED! EXPLANATION – COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWN!

Doctor:

Get more of your men out there. This time, prepared to kill.

Custodian:

Lieutenant Garven, take Cassain and Nye with you.

Doctor:

I'm going with them.

Lieutenant Zenfev:

You can't go. Since you arrived, our crew have started to disappear. Suspicious we should be of you. What else links you and it together?

Alaric:

Take him with you. I admire his strategy of thinking. At the first sign of trouble.

Doctor:

Yes, yes. Now come on, come on. Let's get boarded.

The Doctor and the other Lieutenants leave...