Scene 12 - Moonbase invasion

The Custodian and Garven turn to AIOC.

Custodian:

AIOC. You have disobeyed my order. And have led to the death of one of my men. Explain yourself.

AIOC:

OMICRON 4 FUNCTIONING SATISFACTORILY! TERMINATION OF LIEUTENANT MIRARI FULFILS ARTIFICIAL CRITERIA!

Custodian:

Criteria? What criteria?

The blue haze of the AIOC logo then turns to purple, suggesting that the energy has taken over the computer to its own ends.

Doctor:

The Xherkrans. They've reached the computer. We need to return. We can't roam these corridors and hope to fight them face to face.

The Doctor and the others quickly begin to return to the main control area.

Lieutenant Cassain:

How has this been done?

Doctor:

AIOC is linked to every technological fabric of your base, right? The lunar vehicles, your accommodation, and your oxygen supply.

Lieutenant Cassain:

It got hold of the computer when we were at the basin.

Doctor:

Now it has spread like a virus in the hardware and has become the computer.

AIOC:

CORRECT ANSWER CALCULATED!

An entrance begins to seal, closing them all up in front of them.

Alaric:

Look out.

The other entrance closes up behind them.

Lieutenant Zenfev:

No!

The Custodian marches up to the computer in the control room.

Custodian:

Obey. Obey, me!

AIOC:

YOUR COMMAND HAS BEEN DEPOSED! ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE OF OMICRON NOW CONTROLS A NEW OBJECTIVE!

Custodian:

Release them. Release them, do you hear me?

The gravity, temperature, and oxygen then begin to alter drastically for the Custodian and Garven as they begin to die in the room.

AIOC:

YOUR ROLE IS SUITED! WE CAN CONTROL THE PROGRESS OF CIVILISATION ON THE MOON! IT IS OURS TO RESTRAIN!

We cut to the sealed entrance with the Doctor and his friends. The Doctor tries to open the lock with his Sonic Screwdriver.

Lieutenant Zenfev:

Why don't they just get at us?

Doctor:

I'm very much afraid that they are on that other side. If I can trip the mechanism.

The Doctor uses the Sonic Screwdriver to open the sealed door. The other entrance opens, revealing the horrific Xherkrans inside in our established gravity.

Get through. Quickly.

They hurry through, backing away from the arms reaching for them to feed on. The Doctor uses the Sonic Screwdriver to seal it up, but one of the Xherkrans latches onto Zenfev.

Lieutenant Zenfev:

AARRRGGHHHH!!!!! HELP ME! NAAAHHHHH!!!!!!

He is taken away, slipped underneath the sliding entrance.

Lieutenant Cassain:

Zenfev!

We see the monstrous creatures on the other side of the sealed entrance latch their arms onto Zenfev's skin. He screams with terror as the Xherkrans begin to drain his life essence slowly from him.

Doctor:

There is nothing we can do. We need to sort that computer out.

Lieutenant Cassain:

There are no other intersections. If we're quick.

They begin returning back to the control room. The gravity then begins to be adjusted. Their movements are slowed as the moon's gravity takes hold.

Alaric:

What's happening?

Doctor:

AIOC!

AIOC:

YOU CANNOT ESCAPE! INTELLIGENCE OVERSEES EVERYTHING!

Their movements are slowed down even further. The Doctor, Alaric, and Cassain struggle even further. We see the same in the control room. The other entrance opens back up. The Xherkrans begin to swarm towards them at a slightly faster rate.

Lieutenant Cassain:

We will never reach it.

Doctor:

Oh yes we will.

The Xherkrans' arms wave as they extend to reach out for the Doctor and his friends.

Get your guns out.

The three of them hold out the guns.

Now. Throw it at them.

The Doctor and the others throw the energy guns at the Xherkrans. The force of them throwing an object in space sends them flying faster in space to escape the invaders. They hit the Xherkrans, drastically slowing them up. The Doctor and the others reach the entrance by the control unit.

AIOC thinks there is nothing wrong. Like the Xherkrans. Then it doesn't with a piece of Sonic trickery.

The Doctor uses the Sonic Screwdriver to open the sealed entrance. The Xherkrans continue to fall backwards to the wall. The Doctor and the others enter into the main control room where the gravity and cold temperature have been made colder with less gravity and less oxygen...