Scene 15 - Warn Earth Authorities

The camera shows the exterior of Omicron 4 before cutting inside to the moonbase. The SCK21 rocket craft has returned to the landing bay, sat ready for take-off. Alaric shakes the hand of the Custodian as the Doctor and the other Lieutenants join them.

Custodian:

Good to do business with you, Space Command.

Alaric:

My pleasure, Custodian. You have proven you can handle a threat to your security with ease and effectiveness.

Custodian:

It's a pity that not everyone on my crew could have been here to of heard that, sir.

Lieutenant Garven:

There will be more who decide to side with the Omicron project. Once our capabilities are fully spread worldwide thanks to Space Command.

Custodian:

The lunar space journey has only just begun.

Doctor:

But I warn you, the authorities must be warned of what you have discovered. And see that the Xherkran menace has been halted. You best keep surveillance of your basin. In case they return. When you least expect it.

Alaric:

We owe you our thanks, Doctor. You know so much about these beings. Where do you get your knowledge from?

We see a bleeping come from the communication desk.

Lieutenant Garven:

That's your cue, sir.

Custodian:

Probably about the return of Space Command. Hello, Space Command. Your representative's space capsule has arrived at Omicron.

The Doctor then quietly slips away.

Lieutenant Garven:

We must get you ready back to Earth, sir.

Alaric:

That would be very good of you, Lieutenant.

Custodian:

SCK21 prepared for lift off. Space Commander Alaric preparing to board now. Flight path calculated. Put me through to Space Command's most senior executive. We have a big story to tell. A story that concerns the safety of the human race. The moon has an ever growing population. We can offer a safe existence for settlers on the moon in exchange for the welfare the peoples of Earth can gain from our advantages.

We see the Doctor returning back to the TARDIS. He finds the compartment the TARDIS was in. The message of the Custodian transmits across the base.

Doctor:

Ah. There you are. Let's get ourselves out of here. Good view you gave us. But we should let the Earth handle its priorities whilst we are no longer in their way.

Custodian:

Today, the people of Earth have experienced and counteracted an enemy attack the like of which mankind has never before encountered.

The Doctor enters the TARDIS, closing the door behind him. The TARDIS then begins to leave.

To ensure the safety of our civilisation, however far we may span our population, we must stay united and work in collaboration to provide a comfortable and hospitable world for our future generations to live in.

We view Omicron 4's exterior again.

We have proven our worth and capability to the Earth. Now, the Omicron stations wait for the Earth to prove itself to us and give us the opportunity that will improve humanity as we know it.

As we cut to the Mare Tranquillitis, we still see something buried deep within the pit. A glowing streak of purple energy within. The Xherkrans were still embedded within the lunar surface. Its strength was growing back again, waiting to reawaken and attempt to recolonise the rest of space when the time was right...

End.

(End credits)