CA:TWS 2

[The Triskelion, S.H.I.E.L.D. Headquarters; Steve walks into Fury's office]

Steve Rogers: You just can't stop yourself from lying, can you?

Nick Fury: I didn't lie. Agent Romanoff and Agent Ivanova had a different mission than yours.

Steve Rogers: Which you didn't feel obliged to share.

Nick Fury: I'm not obliged to do anything.

Steve Rogers: Those hostages could've died, Nick.

Nick Fury: I sent the greatest soldier in history to make sure that didn't happen.

Steve Rogers: Soldiers trust each other, that's what makes it an army. Not a bunch of guys running around and shooting guns.

Nick Fury: The last time I trusted someone, I lost an eye.

"*Cough* Goose *Cough" Ana 'coughs' out. Fury turns his gaze on her and glares. She just smiles sweetly at him.

Everyone who heard what she had said were very confused, but they had a feeling they might not ever know the true story.

Look, I didn't want you doing anything you weren't comfortable with. Agents Romanoff and Ivanova are comfortable with everything.

Steve Rogers: I can't lead a mission when the people I'm leading have missions of their owns.

Nick Fury: It's called compartmentalization. Nobody spills the secrets because nobody knows them all.

Steve Rogers: Except you.

Nick Fury: You're wrong about me. I do share. I'm nice like that.

"Oh yeah, very nice." James says sarcastically. He was trying to get Ana's attention so that she would stop making googly eyes at that Bucky guy.

His plan failed, however, when she turned her gaze on him and glared. "Actually, James, what he did was smart. If someone on the team was captured they wouldn't be able to tell all of S.H.I.E.L.D's secrets because they don't have all of S.H.I.E.L.D's secrets."

James shrank back at the look he received from the love of his life, but before she could do anything Bucky pulled her closer into him and kissed her head, whispering anything he could that would calm her down.

[Fury steps into an elevator with Steve following behind him]

Nick Fury: Insight bay.

SHIELD Computer: Captain Rogers does not have clearance for Project Insight.

Nick Fury: Director override, Fury, Nicholas J.

SHIELD Computer: Confirmed.

[the elevator starts moving down]

Steve Rogers: You know, they used to play music.

Nick Fury: Yeah. My grandfather operated one of these things for forty years. My granddad worked in a nice building, he got good tips.

[Nick looks up]

Nick Fury: He'd walk home every night, roll of ones stuffed in his lunch bag. He'd say "hi", people would say hi back. Time went on, neighborhood got rougher. He'd say "Hi", they'd say, "Keep on steppin'. Granddad got to grippin' that lunch bag a little tighter.

Steve Rogers: Did he ever get mugged?

Nick Fury: Every week some punk would say, "What's in the bag?"

Steve Rogers: What did he do?

Nick Fury: He'd show 'em. Bunch of crumpled ones and loaded .22 Magnum.