CA:CW 3

[At the Avengers Compound. Steve catches Wanda watching a news report on the Lagos attack and how they blame her for it.]

News Anchor #1: 11 Wakandans were among those killed during a confrontation between the Avengers and a group of mercenaries in Lagos, Nigeria, last month. The traditionally reclusive Wakandans were on an outreach mission in Lagos when the attack occurred.

King T'Chaka: Our people's blood is spilled on foreign soil. Not only because of the actions of criminals, but by the indifference of those pledged to stop them. Victory at the expense of the innocent, is no victory at all.

T'Challa, who had been absolutely silent up to this point, looks down sadly. He really missed his dad. Some days were better than others, but lately it's really been hard. Shuri puts her hand in her brother's shoulder and gives him a small smile, which he returns.

Wanda looks at the siblings with guilt, but the two just give her smiles. They don't blame her. They know she doesn't have full control of her powers, so how can she be to blame?

News Anchor #1: The Wakanda king went on to . . .

[Steve, who was watching the news, turns his computer off, but sound drifts toward him from another room.]

News anchor #2: They are operating outside and above the international law. Because that's the reality, if we don't respond to acts like these.

[Wanda is sitting on her bed, watching the news on her TV.]

Many give Wanda pitying looks but she just looks down.

News Anchor #2 What legal authority does an enhanced individual like Wanda Maximoff have to operate in Nigeri -

[The TV turns off. Steve sets the remote down and leans on the door frame.]

Wanda Maximoff: It's my fault.

Steve Rogers: That's not true.

Wanda Maximoff: Turn the TV back on. They're being very specific.

Steve Rogers: I should've clocked that bomb vest long before you had to deal with it.

[He walks over.]

Steve Rogers: Rumlow said "Bucky" and . . . all of a sudden I was a 16-year-old kid again, in Brooklyn. [He sits beside Wanda.]

Bucky and Steve look at each other sadly, and Bucky claps Steve on the shoulder. Ana looks at them with a small smile on her face.

Steve Rogers: And people died. It's on me.

Wanda Maximoff: It's on both of us.

Steve Rogers: This job . . . we try to save as many people as we can. Sometimes that doesn't mean everybody. But if we can't find a way to live with that, next time . . . maybe nobody gets saved.

"Y'know, I don't care what anybody else says. You give great speeches Cap, even if you are old." Sirius says, effectively lightening the mood. Everyone chuckles, some definitely more then others, while Steve just rolls his eyes.

[Vision materializes through the wall. Wanda starts.]

[Vision interrupts Wanda and Steve by walking through the wall into Wanda's room]

Many cries are thrown around the room. Mainly people outraged that Vision thought it was alright to do that.

Wanda Maximoff: Vis! We talked about this.

Vision: Yes, but the door was open so I assumed that . . .

[He gestures at the door and stops.]

"That's why you go through the door, not the freaking wall!" someone shouts. Vision at least has the decency to look a little sheepish.