CA:CW 5

[London.]

[A cathedral, packed with mourners. A choir is singing. Steve is one of six pallbearers carrying a coffin draped with the Union Jack. His eyes are red--he's been crying.]

Steve looks to be on the verge of tears. Ana reaches over and takes his hand in hers and gives it a soft squeeze. Nat squeezes his shoulder and he gives both Russians a small, appreciative smile.

[At the altar, a candle burns by a framed photograph of Peggy Carter in a military uniform. The label reads "Margaret 'Peggy' Carter". The priest addresses the mourners.]

"Wait, isn't that the girl we some in that flashback in the first movie?" Sirius asks, voicing the question many had.

Steve nods sadly. "Yeah. She was a friend of mine from the 40s." he explains.

Priest: And now, I would like to invite Sharon Carter to come up and say a few words.

[Agent 13, Steve's "neighbor" from DC, steps up to the podium.]

Many gasps and looks of shocks echo around the room.

"That's your neighbor!"

"I know her!"

Are just a few things that are heard.

[Steve sits beside Sam in a pew at the front. Steve is looking down and doesn't see Sharon walk up. Sam is watching, and nudges Steve. He looks up to see Sharon, who glances at Steve and takes a breath.]

Sharon Carter: Margaret Carter was known to most as a founder of SHIELD . . . but I just knew her as Aunt Peggy.

There is a repeat of the reactions from earlier. They certainly didn't expect that.

[Steve realizes who exactly Sharon is, and takes a surprised breath.]

Sharon Carter: She had a photograph in her office. Aunt Peggy standing next to JFK. As a kid, that was pretty cool. But it was a lot to live up to. Which is why I never told anyone we were related.

[She looks directly at Steve.]

Sharon Carter: I asked her once how she managed to master diplomacy and espionage in a time when no one wanted to see a woman succeed at either. And she said, compromise where you can. But where you can't, don't. Even if everyone is telling you that something wrong is something right. Even if the whole world is telling you to move . . . it is your duty to plant yourself like a tree, look them in the eye and say " No, you move."

"Great advise." Ana mutters, but those who hear agree wholeheartedly.

[Later, Steve stands alone in the isle, still dressed in black. Natasha to him and he turns to her. He begins to speak without any introduction]

Steve Rogers: When I came out of the ice, I thought everyone I had known was gone. Then I found out that she was alive. I was just lucky to have her.

Natasha Romanoff: She had you back, too.

Steve Rogers: Who else signed?

Natasha Romanoff: Tony. Rhodey. Vision.

Steve Rogers: Clint?

Natasha Romanoff: Says he's retired.

[She smiles slightly.]

Steve Rogers: Wanda?

Natasha Romanoff: TBD (To Be Determined).

Steve Rogers: And any word from Ana?

Natasha Romanoff: [shaking her head slightly] Not yet. We don't know where she is. I'm off to Vienna for the signing of the Accords. There's plenty of room on the jet.