Avengers: AoU 2

[Meanwhile, the Avengers mingle at the party]

James Rhodes: Well, you know, the suit can take the weight, right? So I take the tank, fly it right up to the General's palace, drop it at his feet, I'm like, "Boom! You looking for this?" [Stark and Thor just look at him blankly] "Boom! Are you looking..." Why do I even talk to you guys? Everywhere else that story kills.

Many are pretty confused, just because they didn't hear the entire joke.

Thor: That's the whole story?

James Rhodes: Yeah, it's a War Machine story.

Thor: Well, it's very good then. [he laughs] It's impressive.

James Rhodes: Quality save. So, no Pepper? She's not coming?

Tony Stark: No.

Maria Hill: Hey, what about Jane? Where are the ladies, gentlemen?

Tony Stark: Well, Miss Potts has a company to run.

Thor: Yes, I'm not even sure what country Jane's in. Her work on the convergence has made her the world's foremost astronomer.

Tony Stark: And the company that Pepper runs is the largest tech conglomerate on earth. It's pretty exciting.

Thor: There's even talk of Jane getting a... um, uh... Nobel prize.

"Are you two seriously comparing you're girlfriends?" Ana asked incredulously. Tony and Thor both look sheepish.

Maria Hill: Yeah, they...they must be busy because they'd hate missing you guys get together. [Maria mock coughs] Testosterone! Oh, excuse me.

James Rhodes: Want a lozenge?

Maria Hill: Um-hmm.

James Rhodes: Let's go. [Maria and Rhodes walks off]

Thor: But Jane's better.

Most of the women in the hall sigh. Men.

[Cut to Sam and Steve talking, walking up to an overlook]

Sam Wilson: Sounds like a hell of a fight, sorry I missed it.

Steve Rogers: If I had known it was going to be a firefight I absolutely would have called you.

Sam Wilson: No, I'm not actually sorry. I'm just trying to sound tough. I'm very happy chasing cold leads on our missing persons case. Avenging is your world. Your world is crazy.

Many laughed.

"Way to sound tough, Wilson." Ana says.

Steve Rogers: Be it ever so humble.

Sam Wilson: You find a place in Brooklyn yet?

Steve Rogers: I don't think I can afford a place in Brooklyn.

"Wait, you guys don't get paid for your 'Avenging'?" Someone asks. The Avengers look at them and, or at least in their direction, and shook their heads.

"It's kind of a self funded operation." Tony says.

Sam Wilson: Well, home is home, you know?

[Rhodes is telling the same story he told Stark and Thor to a group of people at the party]

James Rhodes: I fly it right up to the General's palace, I drop it at his feet, I'm like, "Boom! You looking for this?" [the group laughs]

[Steve and Thor are talking to an elderly man at the party]

Party Guest: I gotta have some of that!

Thor: Oh, no, no, no. See this, this was aged for a thousand years, in the barrels built from the wreck of Grunhel's fleet, it was not meant for mortal men. [Thor pours the drink into two glasses and hands one to Steve]