28: Man Up (Rewrite)

Blue eyes stared at nothing as her phone rang next to her; the all too familiar chorus playing over and over again. The soft pings of texts rang when the person wasn't calling and Josh threatened him to stop calling or he was going to call the police, but that of course didn't stop him.

Silence fell over for a couple minutes before the ringing started again. Maddie briefly looked at it before she went back to staring at the floor. Her bedroom door opened, Josh looking at her and sighing quietly.

"He hasn't stopped has he?"

Maddie didn't say anything, her eyes just glancing at the phone that rang once again. He watched as Maddie continued to do nothing, just hug her grey pajama covered legs and look at the floor. Josh closed the door as he stepped back out, hearing her phone ring again and he shook his head. Maddie picked up her phone, her eyebrow raised as the 11 digit number showed and she frowned.

"Hello?"

"Madeline? It's Samantha, I was wondering if you could stop by the house for a quick chat?"

Maddie stayed quiet, processing what was happening. "Samantha?" Maddie asked.

"Yes?"

"As in, Samantha Simmons?" Maddie frowned.

"Do you know another Samantha?"

Maddie stayed quiet, shaking her head. "Why?"

"Like I said, I want to have a chat with you."

"Fine, give me your address."

Maddie stood up, walking to her desk and wrote down the address on a piece of notebook paper.

"I expect to see you soon."

Maddie listened to the silence when Samantha hung up, dropping her arm before leaving her phone on her desk. She walked to her closet, pulling her pajama pants off and her t-shirt, changing into new clothes. She buttoned up her black baseball band jersey and tied up her Vans going into her Google Maps app on her phone and putting in the address Samantha gave her.

"Where are you going?" Josh asked when Maddie walked out of her room and she turned to him as he stood in the kitchen with a sandwich in one hand and a glass of water in the other.

"Out."

"You're not going to see him are you?" Maddie showed Josh her phone as Chase continued to call before she walked to the front door.

"Be careful!" Josh called as Maddie snatched the car keys from his jacket hung behind the front door and walked out. She got in the car, pulling out of the parking spot, as her phone continued to ring she scowled at it, answering.

"Leave me the hell alone!" She yelled into the phone, hearing Chase speak as she hung up and turned her phone off.

Maddie pulled into the expressway, going straight the entire way as Google said. Throughout the drive, Maddie began over thinking on everything that could possibly happen and before long, she was pulling up to the large black gates.

They opened up and Maddie drove in, looking over the large house that seemed bigger than Alexander's house. She parked the car behind the black one that she assumed Andrew owned. She pocketed the pack of cigarettes from her glove compartment, lighting up a new one before pocketing the lighter and getting out.

She walked up the house and rang the doorbell, waiting for a bit before a maid opened it. She stepped back, Maddie walking in and looking around, scowling at the colors.

"Mrs. Simmons is waiting for you in the main room." The maid softly spoke, leading Maddie to where Samantha was. She had on a lilac sundress with white heels and a few pieces of jewelry which shined brightly.