2: No Name? No Problem.

Chase woke up the next morning, grabbing his phone and looking at the time. He saw the background picture of a guy with black hair and blue eyes who was stuffing his face with food as he watched something. He unlocked the phone, seeing the main screen with the same girl from Starbucks but a different guy was behind her. He had really light brown hair and was holding her tightly against his chest. Chase looked closely at the photo, and seeing her left ring finger with an engagement ring. He sat up on the bed, rubbing his eyes and looking at the bathroom mirror right across from him.

He could see his hair was a huge mess as he ran his hand through it. He moved the blanket away from him, getting off the bed and stretched. He rubbed his eyes, walking to the bathroom and leaned on the sink, looking at his reflection. His green eyes were dull and full of sleep. His blonde hair was tame, but still wasn't presentable. His black pajama pants were below his waist, and his torso was bare, seeing as it was hot that night. He brushed his teeth, washing his face and walked back to the bedroom, taking out his suit from his suitcase.

He changed clothes, fixing his black suit jacket and brushed his hair back with a bit of gel and his fingers. Chase picked the phone up and pocketed it, seeing no new messages. He knew the time difference was roughly six hours from Chicago and he looked at the time. It would be one in the afternoon, hopefully she wasn't working.

Busy today?

Chase walked out of the hotel room, taking the elevator down to the lobby. He lied to Maddie, saying that he was going to move around from hotels just so she didn't mail his phone out to him. He enjoyed hearing her voice and he wanted to see her again in person.

I'm currently in class. Once I'm done I'll email you your work.

Chase got in the car that he had requested to pick him up that morning, taking a water bottle from the compartment on the door and drinking from it.

It's fine, it was just a simple question. What classes are you taking?

He looked out the window, looking at Big Ben. He hated walking up so early in the morning, but it was a routine he had to do seven days a week. The only time he got blessed to sleep in was when he's sick and even then he had to get up to take care of himself.

Currently psychology and a few other necessary classes. I want to major in it.

Chase seemed impressed with the text, suddenly wanting to know more about her.

Well Mystery Lady, you seem like someone who's determined to get it done. Mind telling me your name?

The car stopped in front of the huge house and Chase pocketed the phone, thanking the driver and getting out. He stared at the house, thinking to how he hated growing up in it. He shook the thoughts off when the phone vibrated and he took it out, reading the text.

I am, and no.

Chase smiled.

Very well.

He pocketed the phone, heading into the house and walking right in. He looked around the room, hating the cream walls and the horrible designs, but didn't dare tell his mother. After all, she would get a heart attack hearing that from her favorite son. He walked up the left stairs, going straight to his father's office and knocked.

"Come in."

Chase stepped in, looking at his father sitting behind the desk. His brown hair was nicely pushed back and his brown eyes scanned the papers in front of him. He quickly pointed to the chair in front of his desk, Chase sitting on it and waited fro his father to speak.

"Don't you hate it when you have employees who just don't listen to you?" He asked. Chase hummed in agreement and watched as his father rubbed his temple with his two fingers and thumb. His father, Andrew, signed a few papers and placed them aside.

"You thought about the proposal I gave you?" Andrew asked.

"Yes I did, and I decided against it. I don't want to marry Olivia." Chase felt the phone give off a chime and he silenced it.

"Why not? Olivia's parents are very fond of this proposal! Aren't you both dating anyway?" Andrew asked, getting impatient with his son.

"No, we're not dating anymore. She doesn't love me, she loves my money!" Chase raised his voice. He pulled the phone out, unlocking it and seeing an email notification.

"Chase Simmons, you need to accept this business proposal or at least get married!" Andrew exclaimed. "You're 25 years old and you need to settle down with someone who can guarantee that this building will be in good hands!" Andrew said.

"You only want me married to Olivia because you know that once our buildings join, we'll earn more than we already have. Well mother gave me the building and therefore I say what I get to do with it." Andrew stared at his son before he shook his head.

"Son, I understand that you own it, and I respect your decision, but think about it at least." He sighed. Chase nodded and leaned back into the chair and opened the email. He saw a document attached to it and went to the message app, grabbing a pen and a sticky-note to write down the email Maddie had given him. Andrew watched his son and looked at the phone, it dimmed and locked, Chase pressed the home button and Andrew saw the photo.

"Who is that son?" He asked, looking at Chase. He sighed and unlocked the phone, forwarding the email to Maddie's other email.

"Not sure, I accidently swapped phones with a girl and we're phone-sitting for each other." Andrew nodded, slightly confused but shook it away. Chase dialed his phone, hearing it ring before Maddie answered.

"What?" She answered.

"I got an email and forwarded it to you, it was a math packet." Chase said.

"Thanks." Maddie answered. Chase stayed quiet before hearing a crash and Maddie swear before another guy apologizing. "Everything okay Mystery Lady?" Chase asked.

"Yeah, my neighbor dropped a couple things and I'm helping him pick it up." Maddie answered. "I have to go, I have to meet my brother for lunch."

"Alright, bye." Chase hung up and walked around to his dad's computer, waking it up. He pulled up the email Maddie received and looked at the bottom, seeing the name of the school. He searched it, quickly finding it and he picked up the office phone, dialing a number and waited for them to answer.

"Collins." His best friend, and co-worker, answered.

"Ryland, look for a black haired, blue eyed girl from Loyola University, by the lake. Send me the names of all the females that match that description to my backup email." Chase ordered.

"You got it, boss." Chase hung up, logging off the email and exited out, walking back to the other side of the desk.

"All that for a girl?" Andrew asked.

"I want to know who she is. She's too stubborn to tell me her name." Chase answered with a shrug and went back to the phone, seeing if she had texted him.

"Of course, well, how long are you staying for?" Chase looked at his father and then at the papers on his desk.

"As long as I need to be." He answered. Andrew nodded and began sorting some papers.

"Very well, let's get started, I feel like Collins' won't be able to handle the whole building for more than two days."

______

Okay so I lied about updating on Saturday. I was feeling a bit down and I wasn't in the mood for anything. I don't even think I have people reading this story. I haven't gotten a single vote or comment. :/ But anyway, hopefully I'll get something at least.