36: Epilogue

"What time is it?" Maddie asked, tapping her foot on the ground before she began to pace.

"Relax, he's probably just stalling so he could piss you off." Josh yawned, leaning back. Melissa rested her head on his shoulder, Josh wrapping his arm around her shoulders.

"What if the plane forgot where the airport is?" Annabella asked, looking up at Ryland and Esmeralda.

"What if it got delayed?" Maddie turned to the couple.

"It didn't get lost and it didn't get delayed. Chase is simply taking longer than usual." Ryland assured both of them.

Maddie groaned, rolling her eyes and began pacing all over again. She bit the tip of her thumb, holding in the urge to smoke.

She had quit the habit a week before her wedding with the nerves, but she didn't want to continue it now that she was taking a huge step. But occasionally, she did crave her thin, white stick.

Maddie felt a tug on her arm, Josh pulling her down to sit in the seat next to his. Maddie wrapped an arm around her stomach, leaning forward and sighing heavily. She opened her eyes to see Annabelle sitting between her feet, the stuffed bunny that Chase got her on her first birthday in her hands as she rested her cheek on it.

Maddie smiled at how little she was when she was the flower girl in Chase and Maddie's wedding. She took her time, walking to the front of the church, looking at everyone who was there as she dropped a few flower petals. Annabelle only reaching halfway down the aisle before sitting on the floor and playing with the petals. Andrew had to rush over and stand her up, helping her drop more flowers before taking her with him to the bench, letting her play with the petals.

But during the service, the song that both Maddie and Chase agreed to dance to began playing and Chase offered her his hand, Maddie rolling her eyes, hiding the smile she had as she let him pull her to the dance floor. His arm wrapped around her waist, holding onto her tightly, his other hand intertwined with hers. They swayed back and forth slowly, Maddie resting her forehead on his chest.

"Can I ask you something?" Chase asked. Maddie looked up at him, Chase looking down at her, his hand on her waist trailing up to the middle of her back.

"How did you get so lucky to marry me?"

Maddie raised an eyebrow before smiling and leaning up, pressing her lips to his before lightly slapping his chest.

"You're such a disgusting pig." Maddie mumbled against his lips, Chase grinning.

"Just think of all the little piglets we'll have one day." Maddie laughed, pulling back and going back to resting her forehead on his chest.

"Maddie!" Esmeralda snapped her fingers in front of Maddie, snapping her out of her daydream. Maddie looked up, finally registering the music coming from her pocket. She hurriedly pulled out her phone, seeing Chase's name on the top and answered.

"Where are you?" Maddie snapped.

"Calm down," Chase laughed. "I'm on my way home."

Maddie sighed in relief before her eyes widened. "What do you mean, on your way home?" She asked.

"I'm driving home?" Chase spoke as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"We came to pick you up, Chase!" Maddie yelled into the phone, standing up and Annabelle looking up at her.

"Don't yell!" Esmeralda scolded Maddie.

"Really?" Chase chuckled.

"Stop laughing! You know Annabelle wanted to see you!" Maddie ran a hand through her hair huffing.

She looked down at Annabelle who stared up at her, her confused and worried face changing into a grin that had Maddie confused until the call ended.

"You drove my car here, how could I be driving home?" Maddie turned around, her eyes meeting Chase's smiling face.

Chase's smile fell when he took a good look at Maddie, noticing the small bump that her unzipped sweater hid from behind. He took a step forward, still not believing what he was seeing.

"Are you serious?" Chase pointed to Maddie's bump, Maddie nodding, smiling at him as he rushed over and hugged her, picking her up.

"I'm pregnant!" Chase announced, causing people to him to give him weird looks while others knew what he meant.

"I'm pregnant! Not you!" Maddie laughed, Chase putting her down, and his hands moving to her belly. He softly rubbed it, looking up at Maddie and leaned down, pressing his lips to hers before he pulled back, looking down and seeing Annabelle hugging her leg with her arms and legs.

"Uncle Chase! Why did you take so long?" Chase smiled and picked her up, making sure her dress didn't hitch up too much.

"Sorry pumpkin, the plane got delayed."

"Told you." Josh nudged Maddie as he greeted Chase. They all exchanged hugs and greetings, Chase going back to Maddie and held her hand.

They all talked for a bit, finally deciding to go back home and meet the next day for dinner at Ryland and Esmeralda's house. Maddie and Chase picked up his luggage, heading to the car where Chase got behind the wheel and continued to hold Maddie's hand.

Once home, Chase ditched the luggage in the living room, greeting Parker and Jasey who eagerly jumped on him. Maddie pulled him upstairs and to their bedroom. The two laid down, Chase taking Maddie in his arms and sighed in content.

"Three long months without you was bad."

"You said it would take no longer than a month." Maddie reminded him.

"I know, but what was I supposed to do? Let the contract go down the drain?" Chase asked. "And anyway, I would've been home much sooner if someone told me about the baby."

"Yeah, but it was a surprise." Maddie rolled her eyes.

Chase tightened his arms around Maddie, turning his body toward her and breathing in her scent he missed.

"I missed you," Maddie mumbled, tightening her grip around his waist and relaxing.

"Did you really?" Chase smiled. "I missed you too."

The two were quiet, Maddie on the verge of sleep when she felt Chase quietly laughing. "What?" Maddie mumbled, annoyed.

"You're going to get so fat."

"Simmons!"

Chase laughed, hugging Maddie tighter and kissing her cheek.

"God I fucking hate you," Maddie complained, feeling his mouth move across her jaw and down her neck.

"Think it's safe to have some fun?" Chase asked, looking up at her from his spot on her neck.

Maddie ran a hand through his hair, her other on his back, pulling him closer.

"I don't want to risk it."

"What about my fingers?"

"That's nasty."

Chase smiled, and laid back next to her, kissing her forehead. "I love you."

Maddie smiled and pressed herself closer to him.

"I guess I love you too, pig."

-

Thank you guys for reading and thank you to everyone who read, voted and/or commented on this story! It truly means a lot and I promise to continue writing since I have a new story in the works! I know this chapter was short and I really apologize for that, I just can't bring myself to end this story. Thank you guys for waiting since August for the last chapter of the story and I'll try very hard to not do the same with the next story. 

As stated before, this story will be updated with bonus chapters and other facts abut how this story was going to go before I decided on this path. Thank you guys for reading and as always, much love!