33: Contracts

"Good morning Mr. Simmons, Mr. Tanner called to say he's running a bit late but he will be here soon." Melissa smiled as Chase stopped in front of her desk.

"Thank you Melissa, do me a favor, go out and bring over Mrs. Connor, I need her for a bit on some bank files."

"Right away sir." Melissa stood up, taking her bag and walking toward the elevators as Chase looked over to the temp who was taking over Esmeralda's job.

"Once Mr. Tanner arrives, let him in." The temp nodded, Chase going into his office and beginning to work. He worked on a couple papers he had, submitting into the computer the numbers and making calls with his banks.

An hour into his work, a knock on his office door interrupted them and Maddie walked in, her blue eyes scanning the area before closing the door behind her and walking toward Chase who, by then, stood up and walked over to her, meeting her in front of his desk and hugging her.

"Is this okay? You won't get us in trouble will you?" Maddie asked, her arms around his body while he breathed in her familiar fruity shampoo and his arms held her close.

"We're fine, I have someone here who will help us."

The two slowly pulled away, Chase smiling and going back to his computer to continue working while Maddie took her seat in the usual chair and pulled her phone out, playing her usual game.

Chase looked up at her, smiling at how this could've been any normal day, the two there, doing their own thing and a comfortable silence.

The door opened again a while later, James walking in, closing the door behind him and walking toward the desk. He briefly looked at Maddie, recognizing her from the hospital and he went back to looking at Chase.

"Mr. Tanner, this my fiancé, Madeline Hender." Chase stood up, gesturing to Maddie who looked up at James.

"Yes, I have heard about you from both Mr. Simmons and my wife. Thank you for keeping her company."

"Well, we did share a room." Maddie shrugged and James nodded before sitting down and taking out the file from his briefcase and handing it to Chase.

"I believe everything is in it, all you have to do it sign it along with Miss Hender and have the original file of Mrs. Simmons giving you the company and all is done." Chase nodded and skimmed through the papers, signing it and handing Maddie the papers with the pen.

She took it, looking at it briefly before looking up a Chase. "Don't worry; it's for your own safety." Maddie nodded and signed it, giving it back to Chase as he stood up and shook hands with James.

"Thank you very much James, it was a pleasure working with you."

"No, thank you Mr. Simmons. You have my card so feel free to give me a call whenever." Chase nodded, walking around the desk and taking Maddie's hand in his, gently pulling her along with him. The three walked out, taking the elevator and from there going their different ways.

"Mr. Simmons, I am to inform your father about Miss Hender being with you."

"I'm heading to his house, so drive us there." Chase snapped and the driver nodded, a bit startled and opened the door for them both. Maddie watched as Chase pulled his phone out and made a call.

"Mr. Mendoza how are you? That's great, and your wife? Fantastic, I need a favor to ask of you, can you fax a copy of the file between my mother and I to my father's office at home? Thank you."

"What's going on?" Maddie asked.

"Just wait."

"Wait? How long do I keep waiting for? I'm getting sick of not getting any answers Simmons so please just talk to me and tell me-"

The CEO and the Punk [Under High Editing]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara