chapter thirteen

this won't be easy

lee felix

"it's not a bad plan, but have you thought about what to do after you break dina out?" hyunjin asks. the room falls silent.

"this is why we needed you." changbin jokes.

"i assume we'll have to hide." jisung says.

"we can't hide forever." minho shrugs.

"no, but at least until we can come up with a plan." he retorts.

"we should plan ahead." seungmin says. "dina will be confused and disoriented, we need to be prepared."

"what do you mean she'll be confused and disoriented?" i ask.

"they put her in there to forget you." chan says.

"what? i thought it was just punishment! she's gonna forget me?" my eyes widen.

"not if we hurry." jeongin says.

"how long do we have?" i look at hyunjin and changbin.

"we're not sure. but we might as well work quick." hyunjin shrugs.

"the way i see it, the only way for you and dina to be happy together is if the both of you fall, or if we somehow start a revolution and convince god to accept the two of you back into heaven." changbin says.

"so the first way sucks, and the second way is like... impossible." i groan.

"maybe not impossible. i don't know about a whole revolution but the convincing god part can be done." hyunjin crosses his arms.

"how? god will have felix killed if he finds him." chan informs.

"maybe not if dina is with him."

"how can you be sure?" seungmin buds in.

"i cant." hyunjin shakes his head. "but what other idea do you have?" we all look at each other nervously. "felix, you remember how dina's wings were turning black?" he asks.

"yes, when she touched my wings."

"so what's to say that she can't turn yours white?" he smirks.

"i've touched her wings, nothing happens to me." i dismiss his idea.

"no he's right," changbin starts. "in theory, she should be able to turn yours white. everything has a balance, which means everything has a counterpart, so if you can turn hers black, she can turn yours white." he finishes.

"i don't get it..." jeongin says.

"me either." minho agrees.

"well, i'm not exactly sure how, but it has to be possible. once changbin and i finish mapping out the corridors, i'll do some research. but i'll need your help." hyunjin turns to changbin. "i'll need some books."

"what books?" changbin asks.

"there's one about wings, it's in the restricted section, but being an informative you shouldn't have any problem getting to it. and then i'll need another one, it's a fiction book but it's about how god makes his matches." hyunjin describes.