P.O.V - Chungha

I sat at the very end of my own studio, tired from that day's practice, flexing my electricity powers. But I'm not a Kwak as you might think. I'm a Kim, and the basic manners of maintaining eye contact with someone, in this case a Kwak, when talking made me gain this power, killing them.

I stared down at the floor, my black hair falling on my face. My right wrist was bandaged, hiding the symbol that forced me into hiding. I sighed and got to my feet. I packed all of my stuff and decided to go home.

As I was walking down the dark streets to my lonely apartment, I bumped into someone by accident. "I'm sorry," I mumbled to the darkness, where he was getting to his feet. "It's no problem," he said in a honey-like voice. I smiled and was about to leave when I heard the man say, "Wait, is that you Chungha?"

I turned to see the man properly again. My face began to sport a smile, for there stood my old university friend, Eric Nam. He had black hair and the looks of a young man (even if he was the 'ahjussi' of the group). "Oh my God, Eric!" I greeted, doing a fist bump with him, "It's so good to see you!" "Same here," Eric replied, smiling.

We decided to walk to my apartment together to catch up and have some sams together. "Doing better?" Eric asked, his voice dropping into concern. He was the only one who knew my status as a Kim. "Yeah, I guess," I mumbled. "Still going by Ahn Chungha or...?" he asked. "Why you askin'?" I replied, confused. "Wanted to stay in contact from now on," Eric explained, smiling, "I've just moved to Mirotic City. So I've pitched the idea of living with you." My eyes widened. "S-sure you can!" I said, "and I go by Kwak Chungha now." "Kwak Chungha," Eric teased, "Sounds funny." I punched him on the arm and led him to my apartment.

We had a mild dinner of ssams before accompanying him to his friend's house to pick up his luggage. I then showed him the spare room (a small comfy bedroom which I never bothered using in the three years I had stayed there) and retired to bed. As I drifted off to sleep, I thought to myself about my ability. It could be used for good things, but people were still scared, and I'd not do much better even if they weren't. The government wasn't so kind towards the Kims, so it was basically a long-standing mistreatment. That was why I went under the mask of Kwak Chungha.

Even if I did enjoy my life, it still was one of hiding and secrecy.

I wished it would change.

~~~

Eric had left early that morning, leaving a note on the fridge saying that he was going out to get some groceries. I grabbed a small bottle of soju from the fridge, played 'Full Moon' by Sunmi on the radio and relaxed, my mind working up a new choreo for the song. I couldn't wait for Eric to be back so that I could make breakfast and head over to the studio where I would finally put my thoughts to action.

The ahjussi returned a few minutes later, a bag of groceries in one hand, looking completely exhausted. "I had to manipulate a dude because I didn't have change," he said, plopping down on the sofa next to me. I sniggered and handed him the soju bottle, which he finished in one go. I went over to the kitchen and grabbed some stuff before making a basic breakfast of eggs and toast.

"So, what plans?" Eric asked. "Gonna plan a new choreo," I replied, not taking my eyes off of the cooking eggs. "Cool, which song?" he asked. "24 hours," was my curt reply as I took the toast from the toaster. Eric gasped. "By Sunmi?" he said, "Dude, that's a freakin' bop!" I smiled lightly before passing him a plate of eggs and toast.

======