P.O.V - Chan

Another day of caution.

Mayor Namjoon was doing his best, trying to make up for the deaths, but deep down I saw him struggling with something deeper. We were all confined to our tents, all activities cancelled, and for the first time in history Jisung hadn't been his loud quokka self for a week or two.

It was really scary. Nothing had ever happened like this when I, Hannah and Lucas had gone camping here. It was...fun. But now...

It was partially my fault, to be honest. I was the one who recommended the place after all...

~~~

That night, once more, we sat together, eating food Minho had made with Jin sunbaenim. Once again, O.de began ranting about how he suspected Taehyung sunbaenim to be the murderer. Taehyung never joined us for dinner after that. He always locked himself up in his tent, not wanting to come out.

Finally, Jennie snapped.

She stood up fiercely and shouted, "COULD YOU NOT? YOU SAW THE LOOK ON HIS FACE ONCE HE FOUND OUT THAT KID JUNHAN DIED. HE WAS SCARED FOR FUCK'S SAKE. JUST BECAUSE HE IS A KIM DOESN'T MEAN HE KILLS. HALF OF US HERE ARE PROBABLY KIMS AND THEY'VE BEEN REALLY NICE TO YOU. HELL, EVEN ONE OF YOUR BANDMATES COULD BE A KIM!"

The whole campsite stiffened at that statement. O.de's face paled. "H-half of us are K-Kims...?" he asked. "Yeah," said Rose, standing up to support her bandmate, "Jennie herself is one, and yet she's the nicest person on planet Earth. I don't know how you can suspect someone of murdering based on their surname." "I'm a Kim too," said Chaewon, standing up. Her bandmates looked at her in awe and fear. "I am one too," mumbled the white-haired dude of XDINARY HEROES. "Guess we'll all come clean then," Jin sunbaenim said, "Whoever's a Kim, stand up. And be honest."

Half of the group stood up.

You want the list? Sure i guess...

From BTS, Seokjin, Namjoon and Taehyung (though he wasn't there)

From TOMORROW X TOGETHER, no one.

From Stray Kids, Seungmin.

From XDINARY HEROES, Jungsu.

From ENHYPEN, Sunoo.

From BLACKPINK, Jennie and Jisoo.

From TWICE, Dahyun.

From MAMAMOO, Solar.

From Red Velvet, Yerim.

From LE SSERAFIM, Chaewon.

None of the soloists stood up either.

"Chungha was also a Kim..." Eric said, trying hard not to break down into tears. The rest of the campsite was dead silent. O.de couldn't believe it. "See?!" Rose said, "Half of us are Kims and yet you accuse one of us of murder even when we've been fucking nice to you. One of them even died!" O.de was at a loss for words. He looked genuinely hurt.

Then Daniel stood up. "Seriously, guys?!" he said, "No wonder people are murdering us left and right..." He left for his own tent. "Chaewon..." came Kazuha's low whisper. Chaewon turned to her and nearly placed a hand on her shoulder when the other shook it away. Cherry blossom flowers that danced behind her drooped. "I thought..." she mumbled, close to crying, "I loved you, Chaewon. Why...?" She then left in a flurry of tears, and so did the rest of the group.

Momo was staring incredulously at Dahyun. "Dahyun..." she muttered. "I'm sorry for not telling you..." Dahyun said regretfully, "I was scared." Momo stood up and swiftly kissed the other girl on the cheek, making Dahyun blush in the dim light. "You're still my honey..." she whispered, before leaving to her own tent.

The others, however, were a different story. The rest stared incredulously at Namjoon. He still stood firm about his surname, not backing down.

And, to be honest, that matters more than your status.

O.de got up disappointedly. "I never thought..." he mumbled. "Yes, I am a Kim," Namjoon firmly stated, "Got an issue?" O.de didn't reply, but slowly left for his tent. The others who were gawking also slowly left, horrified, fixing their gaze on the older male as if he were to instantly lock eyes with them.

Kim Namjoon had the ability to remain cool in the face of high societal division.

Which is why I idolise him so much.

~~~

"No one can look me in the face after what happened, Chan and Jennie, so I'm gonna need you both."

We were in Namjoon's tent. All of his members were there, but this wasn't a council meeting. It was a situation of emergency. "What can we do, hyung?" I asked. Namjoon thought for a while. "Call all the Kims here, Jennie. I need to talk to them." Jennie nodded and got out of the tent. Namjoon then looked at me and said, "Chan, as the only non-Kim in this mission, I need you to trust me." "Of course I trust you hyung," I said, "how can i not? Your leadership inspired me to do the same things for my own group. You're literally an idol, and my role model." Namjoon's dimpled smile flashed for a mere second before Jennie arrived with every single Kim in the campsite.

"Okay, so we have a plan in action," Namjoon announced, "and it's gonna be very risky. I know some of your friends may not take kindly to you after the status reveal, but we're gonna have to do this." Everyone looked earnestly at him. "Which of your friends are alright with your status as Kim?" I asked. Out of the eleven people that had arrived, six people raised their hands. Chaewon looked downcast, and Yerim was trying hard not to be seen by anyone. "Momo is the only one who trusts me entirely," explained Dahyun, "but I'm not sure about the rest."

Suddenly, Chaewon started to sob. Namjoon got up from his place and sat down beside her. "Is anything up?" he asked, "Do you need someone to talk to?" "I-I b-broke Kazuh-ha t-too much..." she sobbed, "I l-love her! But j-just because...because I w-was a K-Kim..." She buried her face in her hands. Namjoon placed an arm around his shoulder and gently patted her. "Don't worry, Chaeown," he said soothingly, "It'll take some time for them to get accustomed to your new secret. You haven't told them before, right?" Chaewon shook her head. "I j-just d-didn't want another G-Garam situation..." "Garam?" I asked, "Was she a past member?" "Y-yeah..." she replied, still crying, "Our h-haters claimed she w-was a b-bully d-during our d-debut and tried to b-bring her down. One day, she f-finally snapped and one...one of h-her eyes f-flashed purple...W-we had to k-kick her out..." Chaewon began sobbing again. Namjoon gently hugged her, like a father to his daughter, and waited for the young girl to calm down.

Soon, Chaewon did calm down, but fell asleep right on his shoulder. And, to be honest, it looked so...cute. A father figure calming his daughter. It looked like that. "So, what's the plan?" Yerim asked. "We have to accompany the others to the forest hereafter. No matter what they think of us. Be ready to look the killer in the eye and use it to your advantage." "Question, hyung," Seungmin asked, "What if the other dude was also a Kim? Wouldn't that make the power useless?" Namjoon thought about it for a while. "Then try to use your temporary abilities to hold him off," he answered. Seungmin nodded. "But, what about the solo artists?" asked Jisoo, "They don't have a Kim to accompany them. Their only Kim was Chungha, and she's dead." "I'll handle that," Namjoon answered, "We have a lot of Kims to spare. One of them could help out TOMORROW X TOGETHER while the other could go for the solo artists. I reckon they might need two, cause they are two different friend groups." "Right on that," Jennie agreed.

Just then, we heard Eric curse.

"GET THE FUCK OFF OF US WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WA-!"

======