P.O.V - Solar

I sat in the office, waiting for Jennie to turn up. Everyone was there, the whole Chair for Mirotic City : Namjoon the mayor, Jihyo the second deputy mayor, Jieun the treasurer, and another boy I didn't recognize. He had tar black hair and a prominent nose that enhanced his features more. He looked so out of place and did nothing but stare at each and every one of us in turn.

This meeting was an important one, which was why Namjoon called us. It was spring break, which meant we were about to plan a trip for all the 500 people who decided to live here, despite the overcrowding of Kims. But I ain't complaining ; I came here myself to blend in and hide my own Kim statue under the mask of Yoon Solar.

Jennie came a minute later, apologising hurriedly for her late arrival. "It's okay, Jennie," Mayor Namjoon said with a smile, "We were waiting for you." Jennie sat down in her seat between Namjoon and Jieun.

Namjoon sighed and placed his hands on the table. "Spring break is beginning," he said, "so our usual trip must be planned. You guys know the drill, but since Chan here is a new addition, we'll go over it once more. One, the budget shouldn't be too much. Two, the trip should last for the whole spring break. I have already spoken to the Universe Academy to not give any homework to the high-schoolers. Any ideas on where we should go?" Jieun raised her hand. "How about a trip to some kind of archaeological hotspot?" she suggested "I don't think this generation is interested in those things, Jieun," I said. "What about a beach resort or something?" supplied Jennie. "Nah, too chaotic to handle everyone. Plus, it's risky," said Jihyo.

Namjoon listened to everyone's ideas patiently. The only one who wasn't speaking was the black-haired boy, who just looked around at the seniors awkwardly. "Chan," Namjoon said, indicating the younger black-haired Australian, "why don't you say something?" "Uhh...." Chan mumbled, running a hand through his hair, "How about camping? I went with my siblings to the Ponzona forest and it was loads of fun." "That is a good idea, Chan," Jihyo said, "Plus, we could keep a lot of activities to keep everyone engaged." "It's settled then," Namjoon said, "We'll go camping in the Ponzona forest. Chan, do raise funds for the trip, since you know well about the expenses. Solar, announce this to everyone in the group chat. This meeting's settled." Everyone stood up and prepared to leave.

~~~

I saw Chan walk down Lonely St. on my way back home to the Dingga apartment, light blue snowflakes dancing in his hand. So he must be a Bang, I thought as I quickened my pace to catch up with him. "Hey, Chan, right?" I asked, approaching him. He ceased the exercise and looked at me, thankfully not in the eyes. "Yeah, you must be Solar?" he replied. I nodded. "That was a really good idea you gave back there. And from what I know, this is your first meeting, right?" I said. Chan nodded, smiling a bit. And, oh boy, I wanted to poke his cheeks. His smile was lined with cute dimples and he looked adorable. I patted him on the shoulder. "Good job," I said, "See you around soon." "See ya, noona," Chan said before walking down the road.

As I walked back to the Dingga apartment, I pulled out my phone and sent the message :

MIROTIC CITY

solar.honey

Hello guys!

We are organising a camping trip to the Ponzona Forest on
the 11th of March up and until the 31st. Please keep your things

packed and ready.

joonie_leadr